银行业务场景对话的金融英语
现在在我们的身边到处都有金融,那么你会金融的英语句子吗,今天小编就给大家看看金融英语,希望能帮助到大家。
金融英语:租用银行的保管箱
Alberta Barnes is talking with the vault clerk at the First National Bank .She is asking about renting a safe deposit box .
艾伯特·巴恩斯正在与第一国民银行的保险库职员谈话,她问到租用银行保管箱的事。
Barnes:Can you tell me something about renting a safe deposit box?
巴恩斯:您能跟我谈谈有关租用银行积保管箱的情况吗?
I want to put some securities and insurance policies in a safe place .
我想把一些证券和保险单放在一个安全的地方。
Clerk:Yes,ma'am .We have three different box sizes which we can rent .
职员:好的,夫人。我们有三种不用规格的箱子可供出租。
The yearly rental fee depends on the size and location of the box .
每年的租金取决于箱子的规格大小和箱子的存放地点。
Most of people use the small size box.
大多数人租用小号的箱子,
It's just right for securities and other valuable papers.
它正好适用于证券和其他贵重票据的存放。
B:Do I have the only key to the box?
巴恩斯:是不是只有我才有这箱子的唯一的一把钥匙?
C:We will give you more than one key if you wish .But we must have signature cards for all authorized box users.
职员:如果您愿意,我们可以多给您一、两把钥匙。但是,我们必须有被批准使用箱子的那个人的签字卡片。
It requires your key and the bank's key to open a box .
打开箱子时需要使用您的钥匙和银行的钥匙。
B:What if I lost my key? I'm afraid I'm sometime very forgetful .
巴恩斯:如果我丢失了钥匙,那该怎么办?恐怕我有时是很健忘的。
C:I would encourage you not to lose it if possible.If you lose the key ,the only way to open the box is to drill it open in the presence of two bank officials in addition to yourself .
职员:我希望您尽可能别丢失它。如果您丢了钥匙,打开箱子的唯一办法就是除了您本人在场之外,还要有两个银行的职员在场,把箱子钻开。
And we would have to charge you for drilling open the box and replacing the lock .
因为钻开箱子和重新换锁,我们还要向您索取费用。
B:Well,I'd better be careful .Do I pay by the month or the year?
巴恩斯:那么,我最好还是小心点。使用费是按月支付,还是按年支付?
C:Box rental fees are payable yearly in advance .You may pay for more than one year at a time if you wish .
职员:箱子的租金是每年预先支付,如果您愿意的话,也可以一次支付几年我租金。
B:Well,let me pay you for one year now.Please show me where to sign the form .
巴恩斯:好的,我先支付一年的费用。请您告诉我到哪里去填写表格。
金融英语:汇票贴现
A bank clerk receives a telephone call from a businessman inquiring about discounting a bill of exchange.
银行职员接到了一个商人打来的电话,询问有关汇票贴现的事情。
Clerk:First National Bank.May I help you ?
职员:这里是第一国民银行,我可以为您做什么?
Businessman:Yes,please,I'd like to get some information about discounting a bill of exchange .
商人:是的,我想了解一些有关汇票贴现方面的情况,
Do you do that?
你们银行有这项业务吗?
C:Yes ,sir .We can handle the discounting of bills of exchange if they meet certain criteria.
职员:是的,先生。我们能够办理汇票贴现,只要这些汇票是合乎一定标准的。
Can you tell what kind of a bill you have?
您能否告诉我,您持有的是哪一种汇票吗?
B:Yes,it's a ninety-day bill for ,750.00.It matures about two months from now.
商人:可以的。我有一张90天的面值为6,750美元的汇票,从现在起还有两个月到期。
I didn't think we'd have to discount it ,but I need the working capital right now.
我本身并不是很情愿地想贴现这张汇票,但是我眼下急需流动资金。
How do I discount it ?
您说,这怎样才能把这张汇票贴现呢?
C:Well ,we can discount certain trade and commercial bills and certain trade acceptances in addition to most bankers acceptances .
职员:噢,除了大多数银行可承兑的票据外,我们还贴现某些贸易,商业票据以及某些贸易可承兑票据。
The discount rate depends on the terms of the bill,the amount ,the reputation of the drawee and the reputation of the drawer.
但是贴现率取决于票据的期限、金额、付款人和开票人的声誉。
B:Why does it depend on drawer's reputation or financial status?
商人:为什么贴现率要取决于开票人的声誉和财政状况呢?
C:Well,we discount most bills on a full-recoures basis .Should the bill be dishonoured upon presentation ,
职员:噢,我们是在一个完全有追索权的基础上对大多数的票据贴现的。如果出示的票据被拒付,
it would be returned on recourse to the drawer.
那么票据就退回给开票人,以追索款项。
B:I see ...Is it difficult to handle the paperwork? I'm not sure just what I should do .
商人:我明白了。办理票据手续难办吗?我不太清楚我应该做些什么。
C;Well,the best thing is to come in and talk with our discount officer .
职员:最好的办法是到银行来,同我们这里负责贴现的高级职员谈谈,
He can give you all the information you need.
他会告诉你所需要知道的一切信息。
金融英语:流动资金贷款
Tadao Yamamura runs a Japanese Food Import Firm in Los Angeles.
山村忠男在洛杉矶经营一个日本食品进口公司,
He is talking to his banker ,Bart Jones ,about a working capital loan.
他正在和他的银行家巴特·琼斯谈论有关流动资金贷款事宜。
Yamamura:We would like to expand our line of imports,but I'm having some difficulties with working capital for the expansion .
山村:我想扩大我们的进口贸易,但是在扩大经营中,我们在流动资金方面有些困难。
Jones:I think we should explore some of the commercial loan plans we have available that might give you the working capital you need.Mr.Yamamura.
琼斯:山村先生,我认为,我们应该研究一下我们现有可利用的某些商业贷款章程,那样,我们便可为您提供您需要的流动资金。
Y:I've brought along the latest copies of my balance sheet and operating statements.
山村:我随身带来了我的最新的资产负债表和营业损益表的副本。
As you can see,we have a lot tied up in accounts receivable .
您可以从中看到,我们帐面上的应收帐款有许多已成为呆滞资金,
That's one of our biggest problems.They're good accounts ,but it requires a lot of working capital to carry them .
这是我们的最大问题之一。我些帐款都是有效帐目,但是需要许多流动资金去实施它们。
J:Yes,that's a frequent difficulty in large and small firms,Mr.Yamamura.
琼斯:是的,山村先生,这就是大小企业经常遇到的困难。
I might suggest an accounts receivable loan .We can lend you money against an assignment of your accounts receivable .
我建议你们可以采用应收帐款贷款,我们银行给您贷款,而把应收帐款转让作抵押。
Y:I wouldn't want my customers to know that I had to assign their accounts to the bank .
山村:我不愿意让我的顾客们知道我不得不把他们的账户转让给银行作为抵押。
J:They wouldn't know,Mr.Yamamura ,I'm talking about non-notification accounts receivable assignments .
琼斯:他们不会知道的,山村先生。我说的是不通知的应收帐款转让。
It's frequently used type of loan for these purposes.Some people call it factoring .
人们经常使用这种贷款来达到上述那些目的。有些人称这种贷款为应收帐款让售。
Y:You mean I borrow against the accounts,then give the payments I receive to the bank?
山村:您是说,我用帐户上的应收帐款来抵付我的银行贷款,然后把我今后所收回的那些帐款再还给银行。
J:Yes,that's right .Just a promissory note and an AR assignment is all that we'll need.
琼斯:是的,就是这样。我们银行所需要的只是一张期票和一张应收帐款转让单据。
相关文章: