学习啦>学习英语>生活英语>英语情景对话>

英语初级对话(4)

楚欣分享

  第二十九课 Generation gap 代沟

  WOMAN: Excuse me there's a queue here.

  抱歉,这里排队。

  LADY: Oh is there, pardon me, I didn't see it. I'm ever so sorry dear. Excuse me, is this the right platform for Birmingham? Thank you. Sorry, could you tell me what time it is?

  哦,在那儿,抱歉,我看不到。我很抱歉,亲爱的。打扰一下,这是去伯明翰的站台对吗?谢谢你。抱歉,您可否告诉我现在几点了吗?

  LEO: It's 12.47.. The train is late. as usual.

  现在12:47。和往常一样,火车晚点了。

  LADY: The buses aren't any better. You can wait for ages and then three turn up at once. Prices have gone up, haven't they?

  公共汽车也好不到哪里去。你可以等几年,然后马上出现。物价上涨了,是吗?

  LEO: So it seems.

  的确如此。

  LADY: A pound doesn't take you anywhere these days. In my day, you could take the railway anywhere for a pound.

  一英镑在这些天不能带你去任何地方。在我那个年代,你可以用一英镑坐火车去任何地方。

  LEO: Sometimes you can still get really cheap tickets.

  有时你仍然可以得到真的很便宜的票子。

  LADY: Oh really?

  哦,真的吗?

  LEO: If you book online.

  如果你在网上预订。

  LADY: I'm afraid I didn't catch that.

  我怕我赶不上。

  LEO: You should book online for the cheap tickets.

  你应该在网上预订便宜的票子。

  LADY: Oh, online!

  哦,网上!

  LEO: Yeah.

  是的。

  LADY: Well, I don't know anything about that, dear.

  好吧,我什么都不知道,亲爱的。

  第三十课 What’s your story? 您有什么经历?

  LEO: You see so many interesting people on trains. I always wonder where they're going, where they're coming from. It's crazy. Everybody has a different story.

  你在火车上可以看到许多有趣的人。我总是想知道他们去哪里了,他们从哪里来。太疯狂了。每个人都有各自的故事。

  EMMA: I like the train. All public transportation is good. It's good for the environment. But sometimes. sometimes I hate the train. People always talk to me!

  我喜欢火车。所有公共交通都很好。对环境有益。但是有时候... 有时候我讨厌火车。人们总是和我交谈!

  EMMA: Strange people! Is it something about me? My solution: I listen to it, and people can't talk to me. It always works.

  奇怪的人!有什么关于我的事吗?我的方法:我倾听,那么人们就不会和我交谈。始终有效。

  LEO: Some people look like they need to talk, so I talk to them.

  有些人看上去好像他们需要交谈,所以我才和他们交谈。

  第三十一课 Sharing news 分享新闻

  LADY: What's this? Sorry is this yours? Look have you seen, the princes are in the news again. I remember when they were born. Shame about Diana though, she was so beautiful.

  这是什么?抱歉,这是你的吗?就如你所看到的,王子又一次登上了新闻。我还记得他们什么时候出生的。尽管Diana很羞愧,但是她很漂亮。

  LADY: That Charles. The royal family isn't what they used to be. But the queen is a lovely lady. Don't you think so? Hope I'm not bothering you with my chit chat?

  那个Charles。王室不是像他们曾经那样的。但是女王是一位可爱的女士。你不这么认为吗?希望我的闲谈没有打扰到你?

  EMMA: Not at all.

  没关系。

  LEO: Excuse me is this taken?

  打扰一下,这个位子有人吗?

  LADY: No.

  你拿吧。

  LEO: Thanks

  谢谢

  LADY: Have you seen the princes are in the news again.

  你有在新闻中再次看到王子们吗?

  LEO: Oh really, could I have a look?

  哦,真的吗?我能看一下吗?

  LADY: Of course, it isn't mine, I found it.

  当然,这不是我的,是我发现的。

  LEO: Oh here we are.

  哦,看到了。

  LADY: You are about Prince Henry's age aren't you?

  你是说Henry王子的年龄,是吗?

  LEO: I guess.

  我猜的。

  第三十二课 Coincidence 巧合

  LADY: Ride a cock horse to Banbury Cross, to see a fine lady upon a white horse, with rings on her fingers and bells on her toes; she shall have music wherever she goes.

  骑着一匹公马到班伯里大十字架去看一位骑在白马上的漂亮女子,女子手上戴着戒指,脚上挂着铃铛;她走到哪儿都有音乐声。

  LEO: I remember that one.

  我记得那个。

  LADY: And that's why I'm going to Banbury.

  那就是我为什么我要去班伯里。

  LEO: Oh really. Interesting. Well I think that the train to Banbury leaves from the other platform.

  哦,真的吗。真有趣。我想去班伯里的火车从另外的站台离站。

  LADY: Oh my, so it is! Thank you for sitting and talking to an old lady like me. He's lovely. Well, that's me. Bye bye.

  哦,真的是这样!谢谢你坐在这儿和我这样一个老女人说话。他很可爱。好吧,那是我。再见。

  LEO: So we meet again.

  我们又见面了。

  EMMA: It's the guy with the table.

  是桌子旁边的那个人。

  LEO: Oh. The girl with the broken shoe remembers me?

  哦。穿着坏掉的鞋的女孩,还记得我吗?

  EMMA: Another thing you stole?

  你偷的另一件东西?

  LEO: Hey I didn't steal the table. This one's a long story.

  嘿,我没有偷桌子。这是一个漫长的故事。

  EMMA: OK.

  好吧。

359723