商务英语关于工作的日常口语
现在的英语渗入在每个人的生活角落,所以学习英语是很有必要的。小编在此献上日常的商务英语口语,希望对大家有所帮助。
商务英语口语:电子商务的魅力
网络零售的魅力在于,与其他销售渠道相比,它没有什么市场阻力。可以获得低成本、大市场的优势。
The appeal of web-based re-tail is that it seems to have fewer barriers to entry than other sales channels. You can have lower start-up costs wider distribution capabilities.
人们从网上购物是不是比从市场上购物更便宜呢?
Are the goods people buy on the Internet usually less expensive than at the market?
是的。效率高对公司来说就意味成本低。低成本使人们最终能买到价格低廉的汽车、家具和世界上其他消费品。
Yes. Efficiency means lower cost for the company, and that lower cost eventually translated into lower cost for consumers for the cars and furniture and the things they buy in the world.
如果国际互联网能提供企业好的价格,企业就能提供给消费者好的价格。
If the Internet can deliver a better price to business can deliver a better price to consumers.
是这样的。
That’s true.
网上交易多吗?
Are there many online transactions?
很多。据报道去年消费者在国际互联网上购买了价值几十亿美元的商品。
Yes, it is reported consumers bought billions’ worth of goods on the Internet last year.
电子商务前途很光-,明,是吧?
E-commerce has a very bright future, doesn’t it?
是的。甚至农民也开始在网上做生意。从种,子、化肥到整群的牛,什么东西都可以从网.上买卖。
Absolutely. Even farmers are beginning to do business over the Internet, buying and selling everything from seed to fertilizer to entire herds of cattle.
在日益走向全球化、并且竞争愈来愈激,烈的经济环境中,一定会有越来越多的企业从事电子商务。
In an increasingly global and increasingly competitive economy there must be more and more business engaged in e-com-merce.
商务英语口:请假
约翰刚打电话来请病假。
John just called in sick.
这真是少有的事儿。在我的记忆中,他从来没有请过病假。
It rarely happens.
是啊,他只请过一次3天的事假,还是因为他妻子生
In my memory he has never asked for sick leave,
* In my memory he has never asked for medical leave.
要是我们公司有弹性工作制就好了。
He only asked for three day personal leave for his personal leave
要是能选择工作地点不就更好了。
If only our company prescribed flex-time!
那我就可以远程办公了。
Would it be even better if alternative workplace is provided?
My entire job could be done by telecommuting.
商务英语口:加班
晚上一起吃饭好吗?
Would you like to have dinner with me tonight?
抱歉,我今晚得加班
Sorry. I have to work over- work overtime.
你真有事业心!
You arc really career- career-minded
你真是个工作狂!
You arc really a workaholic!
老板许诺付我加班费!
My boss promised to pay me overtime]
老板许诺付我双倍工资!
My boss promised to pay me double time!
老板许诺付我一倍半工资
My boss promised to pay me time and one-half time and a half !
经批准后的加班都会有一倍半的工资,可以以现金形式或假期形式兑现。
Any approved overtime will be paid at time and a half, which can be taken as salary or time off.
那约翰呢?他可是个平凡的朝九晚五的上班族啊!
What about John? He is a regular 9-to-5er.
他现在也喜欢在假日时工作,因为这时.的工资算一倍半。
Now he likes to work on holidays because he can be on time and a half.