学习啦>学习英语>专业英语>金融英语>

金融英语口语(7)

楚欣分享

  金融英语口语:Current Currencies

  New Words

  新单词

  oversea(s) adj.

  外国的

  traveler n.

  旅行者

  identify v.

  鉴定,识别

  pence n.

  便士

  Phrases & Expressions

  短语

  Hongkong dollar

  港元

  pound sterling

  英镑

  French franc

  法国法郎

  deutsche mark

  德国马克

  foreign exchange rate

  外汇汇率

  A:Have you seen any foreign currencies?

  A:你看到过外币没有?

  B:I have seen some American dollars.

  B:我见到过一些美元。

  A:Where?

  A:在哪里见到?

  B:My father had a chance to buy a color TV set duty-free in the special store for overseas travelers.

  B:我父亲有一次在出国人员免税商店购置一台彩电时见到的。

  A:I see, so your father managed to exchange Chinese money for dollars to buy the set.

  我明白了,所以你父亲想办法用人民币兑换了美元去买彩电。

  B:Yes. Are you familiar with foreign paper money?

  对的,你对外国人纸币熟悉吗?

  A:My father is an officer in the Bank of China.

  A:我父亲在中国银行是一名官员。

  They must learn how to identify the false money from all sorts of foreign banknotes.

  他们必须学习识别外国真假纸币。

  B:Can you tell me what some current banknotes are of foreign countries?

  B:你能告诉我哪些是流通的外币吗?

  A:My father said that he most often sees American dollars.

  A:我父亲说他见得最多的是美金。

  When you receive a bank draft with the 57.12,

  当你收到一张银行汇票,款额为57.12,

  you should read two thousand four hundred fifty-seven dollars and twelve cents.

  你就得读作:two thousand four hundred fifty-seven dollars and twelve cents。

  B:What is the next in frequency?

  B:其次常见的是哪种外币?

  A:Hongkong Dollars.Very often we receive some cheques,on which is written:

  A:香港元(港元),我们经常收到一些港元支票,票面上类似这样的金额:

  HK 254.48, you'd says:twenty-eight thousand two hundred and fifty-four and forty eight cents.

  HK 254.48,你就得读作:twenty-eight thousand two hundred and fifty-four and fortyeight cents。

  B:What else has he seen?

  你父亲还见到过哪些其他外币?

  A:Japanes yen. In this case, we must pay close attention,

  A:日元。遇到这种情况,我们必要要注意,

  [01:37.28]because in China we use yuan in abbreviation ¥,the same ¥ Japanese use for yen.

  中国人民币代号元¥同日本代号一样。

  For example, on the check you see: J ¥ 21 340 100.00. You'd say:

  举例说:J ¥21 340 100.00 ,你就得说:

  twenty-one millon three hundred and forty thousand one hundred Japanese yen.

  twenty-one millon three hundred and forty thousand one hundred Japanese yen 。

  B:What about English money?

  B:英国货币是什么情况?

  A:The formal term for England is the United Kingdom. The currency is the pound sterling,

  A:英国的正式称呼是联合王国。它的货币是英磅,

  abbreviated like: £or Stg. For example, for £ 3044.50, you'd say:

  缩写的符号是:£或stg.举例说:£3 044.50,你就得读作:

  three thousand and forty-four pounds and fifty pence.

  three thousans and forty-four pounds and fifty pence。

  B:The French franc and the deutsche mark are also in use between countries, aren't they?

  法国的法朗和德国的马克在国际间也流通,是吗?

  A:There are at least two kinds of Francs:French and Swiss.

  法朗至少有两种,法国法朗和瑞士法朗,

  They have no special sign, but an abbreviation, for example: FF. 53 000,

  他们没有专门的代号,但有缩写词如:FF.5300,

  you'd know this is French franc. You'd say fifty-three thousand French francs.

  读作法国法朗,fifty-three thousand French Francs。

  When you see the abbreviation SFRS, you'd know this is Swiss Franc:such as,

  当你见到SFRS的缩写词,这是瑞士法朗,例如:

  SFRS 21 400, you'd say twenty-one thousand four hundred Swiss Francs.

  SFRS 21 400,你读作twnety-one thousand four hundred Swiss Francs 。

  B:Now, I understand.

  B:我现在明白了。

  A:As for mark, this means mainly the deutsche mark, for example,

  A:马克,主要指的是德国马克,例如,

  Dm 63 308.50, we say sixty-three thousand three hundred and eight and a half deutsche marks.

  DM 63 308.50,我们读作sixty-three thousand three hundred and eight and a half deutshe mark。

  All of these are commonly seen in China. If we exchange them for Chinese Renminbi in our accounts we should follow the foreign exchange rates for all these currencies daily.

  这些外币一般在中国能见到。假如我们要把外币兑换在人民币,我们就得按每天公布的外汇率来兑换人民币。

  B:Will you follow in your father's footsteps to become a banker?

  B:你想像你父亲将来成为一名银行家吗?

  A:It's too far away for me to think of!

  A:我还远远没有考虑这个问题?

375793