bec中级口语练习素材整理
熟能生巧,口语需要多加练习。为了帮助大家提高自己的口语,小编在在这里给大家带来了bec中级口语练习素材整理,望喜欢。
商务英语口语:她整个人热力四射
SCENE② B 艾文与玛莉在意式浓缩咖啡前出现
【她整个人热力四射】
Elvin: She is, like, 1) mega-intense, isn't she?
艾文: 她整个人热力四射,对吧?
Mary: Ha, she is unstoppable. I'm learning so much from her.
玛莉: 没有事情能挡得住她。我跟她学了好多。
Elvin: What's it like to work with her?
艾文: 跟她共事是啥感觉?
Mary: She's 2) demanding. But I like that. I mean, I know our timeline is tight.
玛莉: 她的要求很高。但我喜欢那样。我是说,我知道我们的时间很紧。
Elvin: Tell me about it.
艾文: 这还用说。
Mary: You guys are working around the clock, I know. That guy Dave next to Zina never leaves.
玛莉: 我知道你们都在二十四小时赶工。那个坐在吉娜隔壁叫戴夫的人从没离开过。
Elvin: Vince wants us to have everything 3) debugged and ready to go by the end of the month.
艾文: 文斯要我们把程序错误全部修正,准备在月底前上线。
语言详解
A: Your mother is so demanding!
你妈妈的要求真高!
B: That's what my dad always says.
我爸爸也总是这么说。
【around the clock 日以继夜】
由clock 组成的成语除了around the clock 之外,另有一个against the clock“赶时间”。
A: Frank, why does your factory have to work around the clock this month?
佛兰克,为什么你们工厂这个月要日以继夜地赶货?
B: Well, we have got quite a lot of orders for shipment this quarter.
我们最近收到相当多订单,都要这一季出货。
A: In other words, you are all working against the clock now.
换句话说,你们现在全都在赶时间。
B: You're right.
你说对了。
1) mega-intense intense是指“紧张的、一触即发的”,字首(prefix) mega是“非常,相当多”的意思,亦指 “百万的”,如 megabyte“百万位元组”。
2) demanding (a.) 要求很高的
3) debug (v.) (电脑)除虫,指修正电脑程序中的错误。
商务英语口语:我们得要抢先完成
SCENE② C 艾文与玛莉在意式浓缩咖啡前出现
【我们得要抢先完成】
Mary: Is it true that one of our 1) competitors is planning to 2) launch their 3) tracking service next month?
玛莉: 听说我们有个竞争对手打算下个月推出监测流量的服务,这是真的还是假的?
Elvin: That would be "WebTracker". We're heard they're almost ready. That's why we have to finish first.
艾文: 你说的是“网路搜寻家”。听说他们几乎准备好了。所以我们得要抢先完成。
Mary: Or they'll take over the market before we even get started.
玛莉: 否则在我们还没来得及开始之前,他们就会占去整个市场。
Elvin: Right. And that would be a total 4) giga-bummer.
艾文: 没错。到时就一败涂地了。
Mary: I guess we'd better get back to work.
玛莉: 我猜我们最好赶快回去工作吧
语言详解
A: You have such a strange accent. Where are you from?
你的口音奇怪。你是哪里人?
B: Take a guess.
猜猜看。
【take over 接掌、占据】
take over 表达商务上或军事上的“接掌、占据”。
A: Once again, the military has taken over the African country.
又一次军方接管了那个非洲国家。
B: Do you think that'll interrupt your plan of taking over the market there?
你想这会干扰到你要掌控该地市场的计划吗?
A: Maybe and maybe not. I just have to wait and see.
或许会,或许不会。我只有等着瞧了。
1) competitor (n.) 竞争者
2) launch (v.) 事业登场,投入市场
3) tracking service 监控服务,此指“监控网站流量的服务”。
4) giga-bummer bummer是指“倒霉、不幸的遭遇”, giga这个“字首” 是指“十亿”,意即“非常巨大,非常多”。
商务英语口语:他看不到大局
SCENE④ B 在吉娜的隔间
【他看不到大局】
Dave: That's what made Elvin so mad. I think he wants to 1) strangle you.
戴夫: 艾文就是因为这档事而气急败坏。我想他要把你勒死。
Zina: Oh, Elvin doesn't know anything. He can't see the big picture.
吉娜: 喔,艾文啥都不懂。他看不到大局。
Dave: Well, he doesn't know that you 2) recruited extra programmers. How did you 3) manage that?
戴夫: 呃,他不知道你又新招募了程序设计师。你是怎么办到的?
Zina: I just sat down with the 4) venture capitalist boys from Vikam and asked for more money.
吉娜: 我只是跟我们的投资方 “维康”的那些人坐下来,跟他们多要了些钱。
Dave: Can you do that? Isn't this Vince's company?
戴夫: 你这样行吗?这不是文斯的公司吗?
Zina: 5) For now it is.
吉娜: 暂时是。
Dave: Uh-oh. Here comes Elvin.
戴夫: 不妙。艾文来了。
语言详解
A: Arnold began managing his own company at the age of 23.
阿诺二十三岁就管理他自己的公司。
B: He must be a genius.
他一定是个天才。
【He can't see the big picture. 他看不到大局。】
big picture是“全局,大局”的意思,can't see the big picture是指仅能着眼于眼前发生的事,无法看出事物的整体性,没有综观全局,长期规划的能力。
A: We'll only be able to pay everyone's salaries after our business establishes itself.
唯有在开始营运之后,我们才能付大家薪水。
B: But Johnnie can't see the big picture. He's unwilling to wait. He wants to get paid now.
不过强尼看不到大局。他不愿意等。他现在就要拿薪水。
你也可以劝告、建议他人look at the big picture“从大处着眼,衡量全局”。
A: I want all our employees to get equal pay.
我要我们所有的员工都拿一样多的薪水。
B: You've got to look at the big picture. It's just not possible right now.
你得要衡量全局。这在目前是不可能的。
1) trangle (v.) 勒死,使窒息
2) recruit (v.) 雇用,招募
3) manage (v.) 管理,控制
4) venture capitalist 提供创业投资的投资方
5) for now 目前,暂时
bec中级口语练习素材整理相关文章:
5.商务英语学习指导