学习啦>学习英语>英语阅读>英语诗歌>

《新月集》经典诗歌两首

焯杰分享

  新月集是由印度著名诗人、作家泰戈尔所著。诗集中,诗人生动描绘了儿童们的游戏,巧妙地表现了孩子们的心理,以及他们活泼的想象。它的特殊的隽永的艺术魅力,把我们带到了一个纯洁美丽的儿童世界,勾起了我们对于童年生活的美好回忆和向往。下面是学习啦小编为大家带来泰戈尔《新月集》经典诗歌两首,希望大家喜欢!

  《新月集》经典诗歌欣赏:玩具

  CHILD, how happy you are sitting in the dust, playing with a broken twig all the morning.

  孩子,你真是快活呀,一早晨坐在泥土里,耍着折下来的小树枝儿。

  I smile at your play with that little bit of a broken twig.

  我微笑地看你在那里耍着那根折下来的小树枝儿。

  I am busy with my accounts, adding up figures by the hour.

  我正忙着算帐,一小时一小时在那里加叠数字。

  Perhaps you glance at me and think, "What a stupid game to spoil your morning with!"

  也许你在看我,想道:这种好没趣的游戏,竟把你的一早晨的好时间浪费掉了!

  Child, I have forgotten the art of being absorbed in sticks and mud-pies.

  孩子,我忘了聚精会神玩耍树枝与泥饼的方法了。

  I seek out costly playthings, and gather lumps of gold and silver.

  我寻求贵重的玩具,收集金块与银块。

  With whatever you find you create your glad games, I spend both my time and my strength over things I never can obtain.

  你呢,无论找到什么便去做你的快乐的游戏,我呢,却把我的时间与力气都浪费在那些我永不能得到的东西上。

  In my frail canoe I struggle to cross the sea of desire, and forget that I too am playing a game.

  我在我的脆薄的独木船里挣扎着要航过欲望之海,意忘了我也是在那里做游戏了。

  《新月集》经典诗歌欣赏:责备

  Why are those tears in your eyes, my child?

  为什么你眼里有了眼泪,我的孩子?

  How horrid of them to be always scolding you for nothing?

  他们真是可怕,常常无谓地责备你!

  You have stained your fingers and face with ink while writing--is that why they call you dirty?

  你写字时墨水玷污了你的手和脸——这就是他们所以骂你龌龊的缘故么?

  O, fie! Would they dare to call the full moon dirty because it has smudged its face with ink?

  呵,呸!他们也敢因为圆圆的月儿用墨水涂了脸,便骂它龌龊么?

  For every little trifle they blame you, my child. They are ready to find fault for nothing.

  他们总要为了每一件小事去责备你,我的孩子。他们总是无谓地寻人错处。

  You tore your clothes while playing--is that why they call you untidy?

  你游戏时扯破了你的衣服——这就是他们说你不整洁的缘故么?

  O, fie! What would they call an autumn morning that smiles through its ragged clouds?

  呵,呸!秋之晨从它的破碎的云衣中露出微笑。那末,他们要叫它什么呢?

  Take no heed of what they say to you, my child.

  他们对你说什么话,尽管可以不去理睬他,我的孩子。

  Take no heed of what they say to you, my child.

  他们把你做错的事长长地记了一笔帐。

  They make a long list of your misdeeds. Everybody knows how you love sweet things--is that why they call you greedy?

  谁都知道你是十分喜欢糖果的——这就是他们所以称你做贪婪的缘故么?

  O, fie! What then would they call us who love you?

  呵,呸!我们是喜欢你的,那末,他们要叫我们什么呢?

    411406