学习啦>学习英语>英语阅读>英语诗歌>

泰戈尔长诗集英文版阅读

韦彦分享

  由于诗歌几乎涵盖了所有艺术形式的美学性质,对于所有民族来说,它都可以被视作最具审美情趣和至高无上的文学形式。下面是学习啦小编带来的泰戈尔长诗集英文版阅读,欢迎阅读!

  泰戈尔长诗集英文版阅读篇一

  雨天The rainy day

  SULLEN clouds are gathering fast over the black fringe of the forest. 乌云很快地集拢在森林的黝黑的边缘上。

  O child, do not go out! 孩上,不要出去呀!

  The palm trees in a row by the lake are smiting their heads against the dismal sky; the crows with their draggled wings are silent on the tamarind branches, and the eastern bank of the river is haunted by a deepening gloom. 湖边的一行棕树,向暝暗的天空撞着头;羽毛零乱的乌鸦,静悄悄地栖在罗望子的枝上,河的东岸正被乌沉沉的暝色所侵袭。

  Our cow is lowing loud, tied at the fence. 我们的牛系在篱上,高声鸣叫。

  O child, wait here till I bring her into the stall. 孩子,在这里等着,等我先把牛牵进牛棚里去。

  Men have crowded into the flooded field to catch the fishes as they escape from the overflowing ponds; the rain water is running in rills through the narrow lanes like a laughing boy who has run away from his mother to tease her. 许多人都挤在池水泛溢的田间,捉那从泛溢的池中逃出来的鱼儿,雨水成了小河,流过狭街,好像一个嬉笑的孩子从他妈妈那里跑开,故意要恼她一样。

  Listen, someone is shouting for the boatman at the ford. 听呀,有人在浅滩上喊船夫呢。

  O child, the daylight is dim, and the crossing at the ferry is closed. 孩子,天色暝暗了,渡头的摆渡船已经停了。

  The sky seems to ride fast upon the madly-rushing rain; the water in the river is loud and impatient; women have hastened home early from the Ganges with their filled pitchers. 天空好像是在滂沱的雨上快跑着;河里的水喧叫而且暴躁;妇人们早已拿着汲满了水的水罐,从恒河畔匆匆地回家了。

  The evening lamps must be made ready. 夜里用的灯,一定要预备好。

  O child, do not go out! 孩子,不要出去呀!

  The road to the market is desolate, the lane to the river is slippery. The wind is roaring and struggling among the bamboo branches like a wild beast tangled in a net. 到市场去的大道已没有人走,到河边去的小路又很滑。风在竹林里咆哮着,挣扎着,好像一只落在网中的野兽。

  泰戈尔长诗集英文版阅读篇二

  责备Defamation

  Why are those tears in your eyes, my child? 为什么你眼里有了眼泪,我的孩子?

  How horrid of them to be always scolding you for nothing? 他们真是可怕,常常无谓地责备你!

  You have stained your fingers and face with ink while writing--is that why they call you dirty? 你写字时墨水玷污了你的手和脸——这就是他们所以骂你龌龊的缘故么?

  O, fie! Would they dare to call the full moon dirty because it has smudged its face with ink? 呵,呸!他们也敢因为圆圆的月儿用墨水涂了脸,便骂它龌龊么?

  For every little trifle they blame you, my child. They are ready to find fault for nothing. 他们总要为了每一件小事去责备你,我的孩子。他们总是无谓地寻人错处。

  You tore your clothes while playing--is that why they call you untidy? 你游戏时扯破了你的衣服——这就是他们说你不整洁的缘故么?

  O, fie! What would they call an autumn morning that smiles through its ragged clouds? 呵,呸!秋之晨从它的破碎的云衣中露出微笑。那末,他们要叫它什么呢?

  Take no heed of what they say to you, my child. 他们对你说什么话,尽管可以不去理睬他,我的孩子。

  Take no heed of what they say to you, my child. 他们把你做错的事长长地记了一笔帐。

  They make a long list of your misdeeds. Everybody knows how you love sweet things--is that why they call you greedy? 谁都知道你是十分喜欢糖果的——这就是他们所以称你做贪婪的缘故么?

  O, fie! What then would they call us who love you? 呵,呸!我们是喜欢你的,那末,他们要叫我们什么呢?''

  泰戈尔长诗集英文版阅读篇三

  玩具Play things

  CHILD, how happy you are sitting in the dust, playing with a broken twig all the morning. 孩子,你真是快活呀,一早晨坐在泥土里,耍着折下来的小树枝儿。

  I smile at your play with that little bit of a broken twig. 我微笑地看你在那里耍着那根折下来的小树枝儿。

  I am busy with my accounts, adding up figures by the hour. 我正忙着算帐,一小时一小时在那里加叠数字。

  Perhaps you glance at me and think, "What a stupid game to spoil your morning with!" 也许你在看我,想道:这种好没趣的游戏,竟把你的一早晨的好时间浪费掉了!

  Child, I have forgotten the art of being absorbed in sticks and mud-pies. 孩子,我忘了聚精会神玩耍树枝与泥饼的方法了。

  I seek out costly playthings, and gather lumps of gold and silver. 我寻求贵重的玩具,收集金块与银块。

  With whatever you find you create your glad games, I spend both my time and my strength over things I never can obtain. 你呢,无论找到什么便去做你的快乐的游戏,我呢,却把我的时间与力气都浪费在那些我永不能得到的东西上。

  In my frail canoe I struggle to cross the sea of desire, and forget that I too am playing a game. 我在我的脆薄的独木船里挣扎着要航过欲望之海,意忘了我也是在那里做游戏了。

  
看了“泰戈尔长诗集英文版阅读”的人还看了:

1.泰戈尔诗集中英文版阅读

2.泰戈尔诗集中英文对照

3.泰戈尔诗集英文版朗诵

4.泰戈尔经典诗歌译文

5.泰戈尔经典英文诗歌阅读

    1562015