学习啦>学习英语>英语阅读>英语故事>

中国古典英语成语故事带翻译

秋连分享

  想要学好英语,一定要懂得学习方法。有趣的学习方法能让你的英语水平提升得更快,小编在此献上英语故事,希望对你有所帮助。

  成语寓言故事:The Turtledove Talks to the Owl斑鸿说袅

  One day, an owl flew persistently towards the east till it was completely exhausted, so it stopped in a forest to take a rest. It happened that a turtledove was also resting there. Hearing the panting of the owl, it asked:

  一天,猫头鹰一个劲儿地向东方飞去,飞得精疲力尽,停在树林里休息。一只斑鸿恰巧也在那里休息,听见猫头鹰呼味呼味地喘气,就对猫头鹰说:

  "Where are you going in such a hurry?"

  “你这样急急忙忙地赶路,去哪儿呀?”

  The owl said:

  猫头鹰说:

  "I am moving to the east."

  “我想到东方去住。”

  The turtledove asked closely:

  斑鸡追问:

  “Why?”

  “为什么?”

  The owl said:

  猫头鹰说:

  "The people in the west all say my cry is unpleasant and dislike me I cannot stay there any longer. I must move to a new place."

  “西边的人,都说我叫的声音很难听,都讨厌我。在那儿我住不下去了,非换个地方不可!”

  The turtledove said:

  斑鸿说:

  "Can you solve your problem by changing a place? In my opinion, no matter where you move to, it won't help."

  “难道换个地方就可以解决问题吗?我看,不管你搬到哪里去,都没有用!”

  The owl felt rather angry at the words of the turtledove, but it still asked in surprise:

  猫头鹰觉得斑坞的话太气人,便惊奇地问:

  "Can you forecast the future?"

  “你能未卜先知?”

  The turtledove said:

  斑鸡说:

  "This is very simple. If you don't change your cry, the people in the east will dislike you all the same."

  “这很简单,如果你不改变你的叫声,那么东边的人也一样会讨厌你的!”

  成语寓言故事:Chasing a Woman Only to Lose His Wife追女失妻

  Zhao Jianzi, the famous general of the State of Jin, prepared to attack the State of Qi. He ordered:

  晋国名将赵简子准备出兵进攻齐国。他命令说:

  "If anyone in the army dares to dissuade me, I will sentence him to death."

  “如果军队里有人敢劝阻我,我就判处他死刑!

  A warrior named Gong Luwang, wearing armour and holding a sharp weapon in his hand, laughed loudly the moment he saw Zhao Jianzi.

  有个武士名叫公卢望,他身上穿着恺甲,手里拿着锐利的兵器,一看到赵简子就放声大笑。

  Zhao Jianzi asked hurriedly:

  简子忙问:

  "Why are you laughing?"

  “你笑什么?”

  Gong Luwang replied:

  公卢望回答说:

  "I thought of something funny."

  “我想起了一件好笑的事情。”

  Jianzi said in a stern voice:

  简子严厉地说:

  "Military command is no joke. If you can explain the reason, I will let you go. Otherwise I will sentence you to death."

  “军令不是开玩笑,你讲得出道理就放过你;要是讲不出来,就判你死刑!

  Calmly Gong Luwang told a story:

  公卢望不慌不忙地讲了一个故事:

  "It was the season for gathering mulberries. My neighbours, a couple, went to the field. The husband found a woman in the depths of the mulberry groves. He chased after her but could not catch her, so he returned unhappily. At that time, his wife had already left him in anger. I laugh at my neighbour who had not caught the woman but lost his wife and became single in the end."

  “正好是采桑的季节,我邻居家夫妇俩一起下了田。丈夫发现桑林深处有个女子,就追了上去,可是没有追上她,很不愉快地回来了。这时候,他的妻子却早就气愤地离开了他。我笑邻居追女没追到,反而失去了妻子,成了个光棍。”

  After Zhao Jianzi heard Gong Luwang's story, he looked as if he had just wakened from a dream. He said:

  赵简子听完公卢望的故事,像做梦刚醒过来一样,说:

  "Now, if I attack other states, I may possibly fail, then I'll become the subject of a subjugated state.

  “现在,我去进攻别国,有可能失败,那我不就反而成了亡国的他下令收兵回国。

  Consequently, he gave orders to withdraw his troops and return home.

  于是,他下令收兵回国。

  成语寓言故事:The Mantis Catches the Cicada螳螂捕蝉

  Once, the King of the State of Wu wanted to invade the State of Chu.

  一次,吴王要进攻楚国。

  The King of Wu warned his ministers:

  吴王警告他的大臣们说:

  "If anyone should dare to dissuade me from invading Chu again, I will put him to death."

  “有谁再敢来劝阻我进攻楚国,我就处死他。”

  One young hanger-on of his wanted to dissuade him but didn't dare. He carried a slingshot, and for three consecutive days paced up and down in the King's back garden. The dew wetted his clothes all through.

  吴王的门客中有一个年青人,想去劝阻但又不敢。他怀里揣着弹弓,一连三个早晨在吴工的后花园里徘徊,露水湿透了他的衣服。

  One day, the King of Wu called him:

  一天,吴王叫住他:

  "The dew has wetted your clothes to such a state. Why should you bear such hardship?"

  “露水把你的衣服湿成这个样子,你何必吃这个苦呢?”

  The young man replied:

  年青人回答说:

  "There is a cicada on a tree in this garden. The cicada is high above, chirping leisurely and taking in the dew freely, not knowing that a mantis is right behind it. The mantis, pressing its body close in a concealed place, is intent on catching the cicada, not knowing that a siskin is hiding right behind it. The siskin is stretching out its neck to peck at the mantis, not knowing that a man carrying a slingshot is under it. These three small creatures make every effort only to get the benefit before them but ignore entirely the disaster behind."

  “这个园子里,有一棵树,树上有一只蝉。蝉高高在上,悠闲地叫着,自由自在地吸着露水,却不知道有一只蝗螂在它身后呢!蝗螂把身子紧紧地贴在隐蔽的地方,只想去捕蝉,却不知道有一只黄雀早已躲在它的身后呢!黄雀正伸长了脖子想去啄蝗螂,却不知道在它下面正有人拿着弹弓呢!这三只小生物,只是力求得到它们眼前的利益,却全不管它们身后隐伏着祸患啊!”

  Having heard the young man's words, the King of Wu suddenly saw the light and said:

  吴王听了年青人的话后,恍然大悟说:

  "What you said is right!"

  “你说得好啊!”

  Consequently, the King of Wu dropped his plan to invade the State of Chu.

  于是,吴王就不再进攻楚国了。

  相关文章

  1.经典英语成语故事带翻译

  2.适合小学生的英语成语故事

  3.英语小故事20字

  4.成语故事

  5.英语绘本故事手抄报

    4178517