学习啦>学习英语>英语阅读>英语美文欣赏>

英语短文的优秀的文章欣赏

诗盈分享

  我们在学习英语的时候不要放过任何有关于英语的文章。今天小编就给大家分享一下英语美文欣赏,来看看吧

  From Song Of Myself

  自我之歌(选段)

  By Walt Whitman

  I think I could turn and live a while with the animals...

  我想我可以转而和动物生活一阵子……

  They are so placid and self-contained,

  动物是那样温和,那样沉默寡言,

  I stand and look at them sometimes half the day long.

  有时候,我站在那里注视着动物,一看就是半天。

  They do not sweat and whine about their condition,

  动物们不为自己的处境烦恼和哀鸣,

  They do not lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins.

  不会躺在黑暗中彻夜不眠,为自己的罪孽流泪。

  They do not make me sick discussing their duty to God,

  动物们不会谈论他们对上主的义务而令我作呕,

  Not one is dissatisfied...

  所有动物都是满足的……

  Not one is demented with the mania of owning things,

  也没有哪种动物为满足自己的占有欲而发狂,

  Not one kneels to another,nor to his kind that lived thousands of years ago.

  动物不会向另一种动物,或是几千年前的同类屈膝膜拜。

  Not one is respectable or industrious over the whole earth.

  也没有哪种动物是超乎一切的最可敬的或是最勤劳的。

  为我的母亲祈祷

  Dear God,

  亲爱的上帝:

  Now that I am no longer young, I have friends whose mothers have passed away. I have heard these sons and daughters say they never fully appreciated their mothers until it was too late to tell them.

  如今我已不再年轻,一些朋友的母亲已经去世了。我曾听这些子女们说过,他们从没有向母亲充分表示过他们的感激之情,而待到要告诉时为时已晚了。

  I am blessed with the dear mother who is still alive. I appreciate her more each day. My mother does not change, but I do. As I grow older and wiser, I realize what an extraordinary person she is. How sad that I am unable to speak these words in her presence, but they flow easily from my pen.

  幸运的是,我亲爱的母亲依然健在。我对她的感情与日俱增。母亲没有变,而我却变了。随着年岁的增长,我越来越懂事了,我认识到她是个非常了不起的人。这些话在她面前我难以启齿,但在笔下却可以轻易地写出来,这令我感到多么难过。

  How does a daughter begin to thank her mother for life itself? For the love, patience and just plain hard work that go into raising a child? For running after a toddler, for understanding a moody teenager, for tolerating a college student who knows everything? For waiting for the day when a daughter realizes her mother really is?

  一个女儿该怎样开口感谢她的母亲所给予的生命?感谢她在抚养孩子时所付出的爱、耐心以及无私的辛勤劳动?感谢她跟在蹒跚学步的孩子身后奔跑,对情绪不定的少女的理解,以及对一个自以为是的大学生的宽容? 感谢她等待女儿认识到她真是一位好母亲的这一天?

  How does a grown woman thank for a mother for continuing to be a mother? For being ready with advice (when asked) or remaining silent when it is most appreciated? For not saying: "I told you so", when she could have uttered these words dozens of times? For being essentially herself--loving, thoughtful, patient, and forgiving?

  一个成年女子该怎样感谢母亲依然如故的角色?感谢在被问到时她会及时提供良言,而在不需要时她会保持沉默?感谢她没有说:“我告诉过你”,而她本来可以说上许多次?感谢她始终不变的爱心、体贴周到、耐心与宽容厚道?

  I don't know how, dear God, except to bless her as richly as she deserves and to help me live up to the example she has set. I pray that I will look as good in the eyes of my children as my mother looks in mine.

  我不知道该怎样来表达,亲爱的上帝,除了请求你好好地保佑她--那是她该得到的--并帮助我朝她做出的榜样看齐。我祈愿在孩子的眼里我会如同母亲在我眼里一般好。

  A daughter

  一个女儿

  谁才是有色人种?

  Dear white, something you got to know

  亲爱的白种人,有几件事你必须知道。

  When I was born, I was black.

  当我出生时,我是黑色的

  When I grow up, I am black.

  我长大了,我是黑色的

  When I’m under the sun, I’m black.

  我在阳光下,我是黑色的

  When I’m cold, I’m black.

  我寒冷时,我是黑色的

  When I’m afraid, I’m black.

  我害怕时,我是黑色的

  When I’m sick, I’m black.

  我生病了,我是黑色的

  When I die, I’m still black.

  当我死了,我仍是黑色的。

  you—white people,

  你——白种人

  When you were born, you were pink.

  当你出生时,你是粉红色的

  When you grow up, you become white.

  你长大了,变成白色的

  You’re red under the sun.

  你在阳光下,你是红色的

  You’re blue when you’re cold.

  你寒冷时,你是青色的

  You are yellow when you’re afraid.

  你害怕时,你是黄色的

  You’re green when you’re sick.

  你生病时,你是绿色的

  You’re gray when you die.

  当你死时,你是灰色的

  And you, call me color?

  然后,你叫我“有色种人”?


英语短文的优秀的文章欣赏相关文章:

1.英语美文欣赏

2.经典优秀英语美文欣赏

3.优秀英语美文摘抄

4.英语文章欣赏

5.经典的名家英语美文欣赏

    4087192