学习啦>学习英语>生活英语>英语情景对话>

生活英语情景对话:一百万美金

焯杰分享

  英语情景对话作为真实生活的交际模式,作为语言输出的源头,作为语言练习的最佳途径,作为语言教授的媒介,它对于把英语作为外语来学习的学生,扮演着非常重要的角色。下面学习啦小编为大家带来生活英语情景对话,欢迎大家学习!

  生活英语情景对话:一百万美金

  Todd: OK, Keith, if you won 1,000,000 dollars? No, wait, 10,000,000 dollars.

  基思,如果你赢得了1百万美元,不,1千万美元,你会怎么做?

  Keith: 10,000,000.

  1千万。

  Todd: If you won 10,000,000, what would you do?

  如果你赢得1千万,你会做什么?

  Keith: Well, first thing I'd do, I'd probably buy a nice house for me and my wife.

  首先我可能会为我和妻子买座很棒的房子。

  Todd: OK, where would this house be?

  你想买哪里的房子?

  Keith: Oh, I don't know. We'll have to talk about that with the wife but probably somewhere near Tokyo.

  我不知道。我们得和我妻子商量一下,但我估计会在距离东京不远的地方买。

  Todd: OK. Would yo buy a house in the city or the country?

  你打算在城市还是郊区买房子?

  Keith: Well, a little further out of the middle of Tokyo.

  大概会在东京中心地区外围买。

  Todd: So, it'd be in Japan.?

  那么,肯定是在日本买房了?

  Keith: Yeah, in Japan, but some place not too crowded.

  是的,在日本,但我会选择人口不太稠密的地区。

  Todd: OK, would you have animals at this house?

  好的,你会在自己的房子里养狗吗?

  Keith: Not if I could help it.

  我会尽量不养。

  Todd: Really. No dog?

  真的吗,不养狗?

  Keith: Well, maybe a dog, but an outside dog.

  也许会养一只狗,但会是在户外养的狗。

  Todd: You got to have a dog, man.

  你得养只狗的。

  生活英语情景对话:第一份工作

  Todd: OK, Roe, why don't we talk about your first job.

  罗伊,我们问什么不谈谈你的第一份职业呢。

  Roe: OK

  好的。

  Todd: Yeah, tell us about your first job.

  跟我们谈谈你的第一份工作。

  Roe: You mean my official full-time first job, talking about!

  你是指谈谈我的第一份正式的全职工作!

  Todd: Yeah, sure. How about that?

  是的,没错。你的第一份工作怎么样?

  Roe: OK. That was right after graduating university. I became a salesman.

  好的。那时我刚从大学毕业。我成为了一名销售人员。

  Todd: Oooh, salesman! Nice.

  唔,销售!很棒。

  Roe: Yep, salesman.

  是的,一名销售。

  Todd: What were you selling?

  你销售的产品是什么?

  Roe: I was selling nothing.

  我什么都不卖。

  Todd: Nothing

  什么都不卖?

  Roe: Nothing. Well, basically I was selling a membership. So, that's, it's not something people can see or visualize, but it's like just membership, so.

  什么都不卖。实际上,我销售的是一种身份。它不是人们能够看到的实体产品,而是一种会员身份。

  Todd: Was it like a membership to a country club?

  就像乡村俱乐部的会员身份一样?

  Roe: Yeah, actually a private resorts and golf clubs.

  是的,实际上那是一家私人度假村和高尔夫俱乐部。

  Todd: Nice. Was this in Japan or in the US?

  真棒,那是在日本还是在美国?

  Roe: In Japan.

  在日本。

  Todd: Wow. What was the best thing about your job?

  哇。这份工作最好的地方在于?

  Roe: Troubles! Cause I have to knock on people's houses.

  麻烦!因为我得去挨家挨户地去敲门。

  Todd: Oh, wow, it was door to door.

  哇,挨家挨户啊。

  Roe: Exactly without any appointments and membership costs 5 million yen. Starting, starting costs.

  是的,没有任何预约的敲门访问,而且会员费要500万日元。而这只是入会费。

  Todd: 5 million yen to start and you must have been in very rich neighborhoods.

  500万日元的入会费,那你肯定要去很高档的社区了。

  Roe: No, actually we just go to any areas. We just stop off at a station and we start from there.

  不,实际上我们是什么社区都要去。随便一站下车后就开展工作了。

  Todd: Really. Were you successful?

  真的吗,那你的工作进展顺利吗?

  Roe: It's a long story but to be honest with you, how many memberships do you think I sold in a year?

  说来话长,但坦白讲,你认为我一年能够介绍多少会员入会?

  Todd: Wow, I don't know. I will take a guess. In one year, maybe one, two a week, so my guess is, I don't know, a hundred.

  哇,我不知道。我试着猜测一下。一年内也许有……一周有1,2名,所以我猜……我不知道,一百名?

  Roe: One!

  一名!

  Todd: One! One!

  一名!

  Roe: Can you believe it!

  你能相信吗!

  Todd: So you must, so you remember the lucky person? Probably still remember that person.

  那你肯定对你唯一的客户印象很深刻了?也许至今还记得他。

  Roe: And you know what, the person who bought my membership, is who? My father.

  你知道吗,是谁通过我的介绍入会?我的父亲。

  Todd: Ooh, that's a tough job.

  哦,这项工作真的很艰巨。

  Roe: It was rough, really. It was really rough.

  真的很艰苦,真的。很艰苦。

  Todd: That's a lot of rejection, every day. No, no, no

  每天都会被很多人拒绝,总是听到人说no,no,no。

  Roe: I know, I mean if you think about it, that's natural though, I mean 5 million yen. and I can't really show the place, cause I can't take the person to the place. all I can do is show the picture and speak and that was right after the bubble economy bursted, so nobody had really, nobody had money, so.

  我知道,我是说如果你仔细想想,这就是很自然的事,500万日元啊。而且我无法展示俱乐部场所,因为我不能带客户过去参观。我能做的只是展示图片并且介绍,而且那正是在产生经济泡沫之后,所以没有人真的想入会,也没有人有这个闲钱。

  Todd: Wow, man so were you depressed? Were you sad?

  哇,兄弟,那你沮丧吗?难过吗?

  Roe: It was very interesting. It was hard to motivate myself. The people would call the police, and call me like a robber Yeah, yeah, cause I had to like open the gate and run to the door and stick my leg so that they won't shut the door.

  很有趣。这份工作很难激励我的斗志。人们会报警称我是强盗,所以我只能打开院门,小跑到房门前用腿顶住门缝,以防他们关上屋门。

  Todd: Seriously.

  你是认真的?

  Roe: Yeah, that's how you do it. Door to door sells.

  是的,是你也会这么做。这就是挨家挨户的销售。

  Todd: Wow, that's, that's a tough job. I don't think I could do a job, what's your job now? What do you do now?

  哇,真是一项艰苦的工作。我不认为我能胜任这份工作,你现在在做什么?从事什么职业?

  Roe: I am, I work for Yokohama city and I am in a place called Yokohama Convention Bureau. It's a city job.

  我在横滨市横滨会议局工作。这是一份市政工作。

  Todd: OK, so the Yokohama Convention Bureau. OK, so you deal with foreigners, naturally cause it's in English.

  好的,横滨会议局。那么你主要和外国人打交道,自然是说英语了。

  Roe: And travellers and visitors and what have you.

  还有旅客和游客

  Todd: Do you like your job now?

  你热爱你现在的工作吗?

  Roe: Interesting! Like I said I meet talk to about over 2,000 people a day, so it's kind of tiring though.

  很有趣!如我所说的,我每天能和2000多人打交道,因此也是一份很辛苦的工作。

  Todd: Wow, 2,000 people a day.

  哇,一天接触2000多人。

  Roe: About 200 people an hour. My office is at the station. Yokohama station. Right out of the gate of the JR, so people are going to stop by.

  大概一小时有200人。我的办公室就在横滨站。就在日本铁路公司对面,所以经常有人顺便去看看我。

  Todd: You, that's a lot of talking. You must be tired of talking.

  我们谈了很多,你一定很累了吧。

  Roe: I am tired.

  是的,很累。

    432969