英语学习:解行李 unpacking
对 话
Kathy and Evan are in their room unpacking.
凯西和艾凡在他们的房间内解行李。
K: You can't beat this room for the money.
凯西: 就我们所付的价钱来说,这个房间真是太好了。
It's a bit old, but the staff here are very friendly, everything works, and the view!
虽然有点儿旧,但这里的员工都很友善、所有的设备也很好用、而且窗外的景致棒透了!
E: I can't believe it. We really lucked out to get this room.
艾凡: 真难以置信。能住进这个房间我们真的很幸运。
K: Well, let's unpack and put away our things. Then can we go for lunch? I'm starved!
凯西: 那么,咱们赶快打开行李把东西放好吧。接着就去吃午餐好吗?我饿死了!
E: Sure, Kathy. Let's see. I'll put your suitcase on this bed and mine on that one. Is that OK?
艾凡: 当然,凯西。我看看,我把你的行李箱放在这张床上,我的行李箱就放在那张床上。这样可以吗?
K: Uh-huh. I like sleeping next to the window. Thanks!
凯西: 可以。我喜欢睡在窗边。谢了!
E: Don't mention it. And, could I have this dresser?
艾凡: 不客气。我可以用这个梳妆台吗?
K: Sure. I'll take this one. We can split the closet.
凯西: 当然可以。我就用这个了。这个壁橱我们可以共享。
E: The bathroom is fair-sized. Since we'll be here about two weeks, we can put our toiletries away now, too.
艾凡: 浴室也够大。既然我们大概会在这里住上两个礼拜,就把梳妆用品摆进去好了。
K: Right. Oh, and this picture I'll put on the dresser.
凯西: 好的。哦,还有这张照片我要把它放在梳妆台上。
E: Oh, whose picture?
艾凡: 哦,谁的照片?
K:The one of us we had taken for graduation. I love it.
凯西: 那张我们合拍的毕业照。我很喜欢它。
对话精讲
1. unpack 开箱取物; pack 打包
例:
Aften arriving at the hotel we unpacked out luggage.
到达旅馆后,我们便打开行李。
The men packed the truck full of boxes of fruit and then drove to town.
那些人把货车装满了一箱箱的水果,然后开到镇上去。
2. a bit+形容词/副词 有点/稍微…
例:
It's a bit cool out tonight, so you' d better wear a sweater.
今天晚上外面有一点儿凉,所以你最好穿件毛衣。
3. staff 幕僚,全体职员
例:
The staff at the hotel was all very helpful and friendly.
这家旅馆的员工都乐于助人又很友善。
4. luck out to 幸运
例:
We really lucked out to find such a meat but inexpensive hotel in Singapore.
我们真的很幸运能在新加坡找到一家这么棒但又不贵的饭店。
5. starved 饥饿的
6. dresser 梳妆台
7. split 分配,均分
例:
Five of us should split the cost.
我们5个人应该平均分担费用。
8. fair-sized 尺寸 适中的
9. toiletry 梳/盟洗用具
公众号:英语学习微世界
本文为原创文章,版权归作者所有,未经授权不得转载!——学习啦