学习啦>学习英语>英语阅读>英语文摘>

适合初中学生阅读的英语美文

韦彦分享

  初中生多阅读一些短篇的英语美文,对于英语阅读能力的提高会有所帮助,今天学习啦小编在这里为大家分享一些适合初中学生阅读的英语美文,希望大家会喜欢这些美文美段!

  适合初中学生阅读的英语美文篇一

  Love and Time

  Once upon a time, there was an island where all the feelings lived: Happiness, Sadness, Knowledge, and all of the others, including Love. One day it was announced to the feelings that the island would sink, so all constructed boats and left. Except for Love.

  Love was the only one who stayed. Love wanted to hold out until the last possible moment.

  When the island had almost sunk, Love decided to ask for help.

  Richness was passing by Love in a grand boat. Love said,

  "Richness, can you take me with you?"

  Richness answered, "No, I can't. There is a lot of gold and silver in my boat. There is no place here for you."

  Love decided to ask Vanity who was also passing by in a beautiful vessel. "Vanity, please help me!"

  "I can't help you, Love. You are all wet and might damage my boat," Vanity answered.

  Sadness was close by so Love asked, "Sadness, let me go with you."

  "Oh . . . Love, I am so sad that I need to be by myself!"

  Happiness passed by Love, too, but she was so happy that she did not even hear when Love called her.

  Suddenly, there was a voice, "Come, Love, I will take you." It was an elder. So blessed and overjoyed, Love even forgot to ask the elder where they were going. When they arrived at dry land, the elder went her own way. Realizing how much was owed the elder,

  Love asked Knowledge, another elder, "Who Helped me?"

  "It was Time," Knowledge answered.

  "Time?" asked Love. "But why did Time help me?"

  Knowledge smiled with deep wisdom and answered, "Because only Time is capable of understanding how valuable Love is."

  适合初中学生阅读的英语美文篇二

  All that is beautiful poems and passages of life

  things do not change;we change.sell your clothes and keep your thoughts.

  万物不变,是我们在变。你的衣服可以卖掉,但要保留你的思想

  think it over……好好想想……

  today we have higher buildings and wider highways,but shorter temperaments and narrower points of view;

  今天我们拥有了更高层的楼宇以及更宽阔的公路,但是我们的性情却更为急躁,眼光也更加狭隘;

  we spend more,but enjoy less;

  我们消耗的更多,享受到的却更少;

  we have bigger houses,but smaller famillies;

  我们的住房更大了,但我们的家庭却更小了;

  we have more compromises,but less time;

  我们妥协更多,时间更少;

  we have more knowledge,but less judgment;

  我们拥有了更多的知识,可判断力却更差了;

  we have more medicines,but less health;

  我们有了更多的药品,但健康状况却更不如意;

  we have multiplied out possessions,but reduced out values;

  我们拥有的财富倍增,但其价值却减少了;

  we talk much,we love only a little,and we hate too much;

  我们说的多了,爱的却少了,我们的仇恨也更多了;

  we reached the moon and came back,but we find it troublesome to cross our own street and meet our neighbors;

  我们可以往返月球,但却难以迈出一步去亲近我们的左邻右舍;

  we have conquered the uter space,but not our inner space;

  我们可以征服外太空,却征服不了我们的内心;

  we have highter income,but less morals;

  我们的收入增加了,但我们的道德却少了;

  these are times with more liberty,but less joy;

  我们的时代更加自由了,但我们拥有的快乐时光却越来越少;

  we have much more food,but less nutrition;

  我们有了更多的食物,但所能得到的营养却越来越少了;

  these are the days in which it takes two salaries for each home,but divorces increase;

  现在每个家庭都可以有双份收入,但离婚的现象越来越多了;

  these are times of finer houses,but more broken homes;

  现在的住房越来越精致,但我们也有了更多破碎的家庭;

  that\‘s why i propose,that as of today;

  这就是我为什么要说,让我们从今天开始;

  you do not keep anything for a special occasion.because every day that you live is a special occasion.

  不要将你的东西为了某一个特别的时刻而预留着,因为你生活的每一天都是那么特别;

  search for knowledge,read more ,sit on your porch and admire the view without paying attention to your needs;

  寻找更我的知识,多读一些书,坐在你家的前廊里,以赞美的眼光去享受眼前的风景,不要带上任何功利的想法;

  spend more time with your family and friends,eat your favorite foods,visit the places you love;

  花多点时间和朋友与家人在一起,吃你爱吃的食物,去你想去的地方;

  life is a chain of moments of enjoyment;not only about survival;

  生活是一串串的快乐时光;我们不仅仅是为了生存而生存;

  use your crystal goblets.do not save your best perfume,and use it every time you feel you want it.

  举起你的水晶酒杯吧。不要吝啬洒上你最好的香水,你想用的时候就享用吧!

  remove from your vocabulary phrases like\"one of these days\"or \"someday\";

  从你的词汇库中移去所谓的“有那么一天”或者“某一天”;

  let\‘s write that letter we thought of writing \"one of these days\"!

  曾打算“有那么一天”去写的信,就在今天吧!

  let\‘s tell our families and friends how much we love them;

  告诉家人和朋友,我们是多么地爱他们;

  do not delay anything that adds laughter and joy to your life;

  不要延迟任何可以给你的生活带来欢笑与快乐的事情;

  every day,every hour,and every minute is special;

  每一天、每一小时、每一分钟都是那么特别;

  and you don't know if it will be your last.

  你无从知道这是否最后刻。

  适合初中学生阅读的英语美文:心理学上,人为何会有色彩偏好

  1. Race

  种族

  Art teacher and color theorist Josef Albers onceconducted an experiment with his students.

  艺术老师兼色彩理论家约瑟夫·阿波斯曾经用他的学生们做过一个实验。

  He first asked them to paint a canvas with swatchesof their favorite colors. Then he hung the results onthe walls accompanied by a photograph of eachstudent.

  他首先让学生们在画布上用自己最喜欢的颜色画些色块。然后,它把这些作品挂在了墙上,并在每一个作品旁边放上了对应学生的照片。

  An interesting pattern soon became apparent: people most liked the colors of their ownbodies.

  这时,出现了一个很有趣的结果:人们基本都更喜欢自己身体上的颜色。

  Blue-eyed people were smitten with shades of blue. Blondes taken with yellow hues. Redheadswere fascinated by various russet shades. Dark-skinned people with browns and olives.

  蓝眼睛的人对蓝色完全没有招架力。金发的人喜欢黄色系。红发的人则对各种红褐色着迷。深色皮肤的人喜欢棕色和橄榄绿。

  2. Gender

  性别

  Vance Packard, in his famous book THE HIDDEN PERSUADERS, said that store products— likeboxes of detergent—- will sell better to women if they are packaged in red; conversely, he said,men are most attracted to store products packaged in blue.

  万斯·帕卡德在他的著作《隐藏的说服者》当中说:像香体喷雾一类的货架商品,如果用红色的包装,就更容易让女性购买;相反地,他又说,男性更容易被蓝色包装的商品吸引。

  If a man does pick a red, Packard claimed, it will be an orange-red, while women seem to prefer“cool” reds.

  帕卡德说:即使一个男性真的选择了一款红色商品,那这也会是一件橙红色的商品,而女性更倾向于“冷色调”的红色。

  Me, I have recently noticed that many, many products aimed at men will come in a black or graypackage, almost as if to say, “If you’re a man, you demand serious, no-nonsense products.” (And women don’t?).

  而我呢,我最近发现,很多针对男性消费者的商品都会用黑色或灰色的包装,简直就像是在说:“如果你是个男人,你就应该要这种严肃的、不开玩笑的商品。”(而女性就不是?)

  The big question is: do the sexes like these colors because they were taught (brainwashed?) todo so by their parents and societies, or by a shadowy patriarchy? Or is there something morefundamental, even genetic, at work in our color preferences?

  现在主要的问题是:两性分别喜欢这些颜色到底是因为父母、社会、亦或是潜移默化的父权体系教他们这么做的(被洗脑了)?还是说,在我们的颜色偏好这件事上,有一些更基础的、甚至是基因层面的因素在起作用?

  N.B.(注:nota bebe,源自拉丁文) I am just tossing up here things I’ve variously read on thesubject. I do not submit them here as facts, necessarily, or as my own personal convictions onthe subject.

  注意:我只是讲了些我在各处阅读到的材料。我并没有说他们都一定是确凿的事实,也不是说这些都是我对这个话题所抱的观点。


猜你喜欢:

1.英语经典美文短文精选

2.值得阅读的英语美文3篇

3.初中生英语美文欣赏

4.初中晨读励志英语美文精选

5.励志短篇英语美文摘抄

6.初中晨读励志英语美文

7.初中英语励志短文欣赏

    1320006