学习啦>学习英语>英语阅读>英语诗歌>

六一诗歌朗诵:The More Loving One

若木分享

  The More Loving One

  W.H.Auden

  Looking up at the stars, I know quite well,

  仰望群星的时分,我一清二楚,

  That, for all they care, I can go to hell,

  尽管它们关怀备至,我亦有可能赴地府,

  But on earth indifference is the least,

  可是尘世间我们丝毫不必畏惧,

  We have to dread from man or beast .

  人类或禽兽的那份冷漠。

  How should we like it were stars to burn ,

  倘若群星燃烧着关怀我们的激情,

  With a passion for us we could not return ?

  我们却无法回报,我们作何感想?

  If equal affection cannot be ,

  倘若无法产生同样的感情,

  Let the more loving one be me.

  让我成为更有爱心的人。

  Admirer as I think I am,

  尽管我自视为群星的崇拜者,

  Of stars that do not give a damn,

  它们满不在乎,

  I cannot, now I see them, say

  现在我看群星,我却难以启齿,

  I missed one terribly all day .

  说我成天思念一颗星星。

  Were all stars to disappear or die,

  倘若所有的星星消失或者消亡,

  I should learn to look at an empty sky,

  我应该学会仰望空荡的天空,

  And feel its total dark sublime,

  同时感受天空一片漆黑的崇高,

  Though this might take me a little time.

  虽然这样可能要花费一点时间。

    106217