关于友谊的英语美文阅读
大地需要阳光才会美好,森林需要海洋才会美丽,我们之间的友谊需要爱来维持,友谊天长地久!下面是学习啦小编带来的关于友谊的英语美文阅读,欢迎阅读!
关于友谊的英语美文阅读篇一
Types of Friends
A Faraway Friend is someone you grew up with or went to school with or lived in the same townas until one of you moved away. Without a Faraway Friend, you would never get any mailaddressed in handwriting. A Faraway Friend calls late at night, invites you to her wedding,always says she is coming to visit but rarely shows up. An actual visit from a Faraway Friend is acause for celebration and binges of all kinds. Cigarettes, Chips Ahoy, bottles of tequila.theFormer Friend. A sad thing. At best a wistful memory, at worst a dangerous enemy who is inpossession of many of your deepest secrets. But what was it that drove you apart? Amisunderstanding, a betrayed confidence, an unrepaid loan, an ill-conceived flirtation. Apoor choice of spouse can do in a friendship just like that. Going into business together can bea serious mistake. Time, money, distance, cult religions: all noted friendship killers.
A New Friend is a tonic unlike any other. Say you meet her at a party. In your bowling league.At a Japanese conversation class, perhaps. Wherever, whenever, there's that spark ofrecognition. The first time you talk, you can't believe how much you have in common.Suddenly, your life story is interesting again, your insights fresh, your opinion valued. Yourvarious shortcomings are as yet completely invisible.
朋友的种类
远方的朋友和你一起长大或上同一所学校,直到其中一位搬走。没有远方的朋友,你可能永远也收不到一封手写的信件。远方的朋友半夜来访、邀请你参加她的婚礼,总是说要来看你,但又很少露面。远方的朋友真的来看你时,那就要庆祝一下,自然要狂欢作乐一番,少不了香烟、土豆片、欢呼声和一瓶瓶的龙舌兰酒。
啊,过去的朋友,一件令人伤怀的事。最好的能留给你一个情意绵绵的回忆;最糟糕的拥有你的许多机密从而成为你危险的敌人。但到底是什么使你们分手的?误解、泄密、未偿还的贷款或恶意的调情。对配偶选择不当也会带来同样的后果。合伙经商可能是一个严重的错误。时间、金钱、距离、邪教都是有名的友谊杀手。
新朋友就像一种与众不同的补品。比如说你在一个晚会上或保龄球俱乐部联合会上遇见了她,也许在一个日本会话课上。随时随地,都会产生撞击的火花。刹那间,你的人生经历再次生动起来,你的见解新颖独到,你的观点得到器重,而你的各种缺点却全然不见了。
关于友谊的英语美文阅读篇二
The Choice of Companion
A good companion is better than a fortune, for a fortune cannot purchase those elements of character which make companionship a blessing. The best companion is one who is wiser and better than ourselves, for we are inspired by his wisdom and virtue to nobler deeds. Greater wisdom and goodness than we possess lifts us higher mentally and morally.
“A man is known by the companion he keeps.” It is always true. Companionship of a high order is powerful to develop character. Character makes character in the associations of life faster than anything else. Purity begets purity, like begets like; and this fact makes the choice of companion in early life more important even than that of teachers and guardians
It is true that we cannot always choose all of our companions, some are thrust upon us by business or the social relations of life, we do not choose them, we do not enjoy them; and yet, we have to associate with them more or less. The experience is not altogether without compensation, if there be principle enough in us to bear the strain. Still, in the main, choice of companions can be made, and must be made. It is not best or necessary for a young person to associate with “Tom, Dick, and Harry” without forethought or purpose. Some fixed rules about the company he or she keeps must be observed. The subject should be uttermost in the thoughts, and canvassed often
Companionship is education, good or not; it develops manhood or womanhood, high or low; it lifts soul upward or drags it downward; it minister to virtue or vice. There is no half way work about its influence. If it ennobles, it does grandly, if it demoralizes, it doest it devilishly. It saves or destroys lustily. Nothing in the world is surer than this. Sow virtue, and the harvest will be virtue, Sow vice, and the harvest will be vice. Good companionships help us to sow virtue; evil companionships help us to sow vice.
论择友
一个好友胜过一笔财富。人性中有一些品质会让友谊变成一种幸福的事,而金钱买不到这些品质。最好的朋友是那些比我们更睿智和更出色的人,他们的智慧和美德会激发我们去做更高尚的事情。他们有着比我们更多的智慧和更高尚的情操,可以在精神上和道德上将我们带入一个新的境界。
“观其友而知其人”,这句话总是对的。高层次的交往会有力地塑造一个人的性情。在交往中,品性对品性的影响胜过其它任何因素。纯洁的品格会培养纯洁的品格,爱好会引发相同的爱好。这些表明,在年少时,选择朋友甚至比选择老师和监护人还要重要。
不可否认,有些朋友总是我们不能选择的。有些是工作和社会关系强加于我们的。我们没有选择他们,也不喜欢他们,可是我们不得不或多或少地与他们交往。不过,只要我们心中有足够的原则来承担压力,与他们交往也并非毫无益处。在大多数情况下,我们还是可以选择朋友的,而且,必须选择。一个年轻人毫无前瞻性,也无目的性地随意与张三李四交往,是不好的,也是没必要的。他必须遵守一些确定的交友原则,应当把它们摆在心中最高的位置,并经常加以审视。
无论是有益的还是有害的友谊,都是一种教导。它可以培育或是高贵,或是卑微的品格;它可以使灵魂升华,也可以使之堕落;它可以滋生美德,也可以催生邪恶;它的影响没有折中之道:如果它让人高尚,就会用一种无比高贵的方式,如果让人堕落,也会用一种无比邪恶的方式。它可以有力地拯救一个人,也可以轻易地毁掉一个人。播种美德,就会收获美德;播种邪恶,就会收获邪恶,这是非常确定的,而有益的友谊帮我们播种美德,有害的友谊则支使我们撒下邪恶的种子。
关于友谊的英语美文阅读篇三
Staying in touch with old friends
与老朋友们保持联系
I recently met an old friend I hadn't seen in ages.
我最近见了一位许久没见面的老朋友。
He said that he had been busy and also didn't really know to contact me.
他说自己过去一直很忙,也真的不知道与我联系。
I told him the same.
我告诉我也是一样。
The truth is, we have a few mutual friends, if we had really wanted to contact each other, we could have.
事实是,我们有一些共同的朋友,如果我们真的想联系对方,我们可以马上联系得到。
But with busy schedules, and family life--and all sorts of things going on --well, I guess we just lost touch.
但是繁忙的日程安排和家庭生活——及各种各样的事情——嗯,我想我们就失去联系了。
So, I got to thinking about the people I am in touch with now and those I'd like to contact.
所以,我开始思考我现在联系到的人及我想联系的人。
I have a lot of friends and acquaintances,
我有很多朋友和老相识,
I used to have many more. Somewhere along the line,
我以前有更多。但事与愿违,
we just lost contact with each other.
我们刚刚失去了联系。
I'd like to contact some of my friends from high school.
我想联系一些高中的朋友。
I'd like to say hello to some of the people I used to know in New York and California,
我想和一些自己曾经在纽约和加利福尼亚州认识的人打个招呼,
I know I could do it.
我知道我能做到。
It wouldn't require me to bend over backwards,
它不会让我使出浑身解数,
but I am not sure if I should.
但是我不确定自己是否应该这样做。
I mean, I have my hands full right now with family and work.
我的意思是,现在的工作和家庭已经让我分身乏术。
Plus, I have people that I am in contact with now,
另外,我现在也和一些人保持着联系,
and I fell kind of guilty that I am not able to spend more time with them.
有种罪恶感蒙上我的心头,我不可以在他们身上再花更多的时间。
Who needs more guilt? Not me!
谁需要更多的罪恶?不是我!
看了“关于友谊的英语美文阅读”的人还看了:
1.有关友情双语美文