学习啦>学习英语>英语阅读>英语美文欣赏>

大学英语六级美文晨读精选

韦彦分享

  适合高中生阅读写作的美文应该是文体鲜明而又自由、灵活,短小的散文,有其内在的韵味、情趣和笼罩全篇的神韵。下面是学习啦小编带来的大学英语六级晨读美文,欢迎阅读!

  大学英语六级晨读美文精选

  The World as I See It

  我的世界观

  How strange is the lot of us mortals! Each of us is here for a brief sojourn; for what purpose he knows not, though he sometimes thinks he senses it. But without deeper reflection one knows from daily life that one exists for other people—first of all for those upon whose smiles and well-being our own happiness is wholly dependent, and then for the many, unknown to us, to whose destinies we are bound by the ties of sympathy. A hundred times every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving. I am strongly drawn to a frugal life and am often oppressively aware that I am engrossing an undue amount of the labor of my fellowmen. I regard class distinctions as unjustified and, in the last resort, based on force. I also believe that a simple and unassuming life is good for everybody, physically and mentally.

  我们这些肉体凡胎是多么奇怪啊!每个人来到这个世上都只作短暂停留,究竟为了什么目的却无从知晓,虽然有时觉得自己好像有所感悟。但是,无需深入思考,仅从日常生活就可明白,人是为他人而存在的——首先是为这样一些人:他们的欢笑、健康和福祉与我们的幸福息息相关;其次是为那些为数众多的陌生人,因为同情他们,使得我们与他们的命运联系在了一起。每一天,我都上百次地提醒自己,我的精神和物质生活都是建立在他人(包括生者和死者)的劳动基础上,对于我已经得到和正在得到的一切,我必须尽力给以相同程度的回报。我深深向往一种俭朴的生活,由于经常意识到自己占用了同胞太多的劳动而心有不安。我认为阶级区分是不正当的,其最终的达成方式常常诉诸暴力。我还认为,无论是在身体上还是心理上,过一种简单而不铺张浪费的生活对每个人都有好处。

  I do not at all believe in human freedom in the philosophical sense. Everybody acts not only under external compulsion but also in accordance with inner necessity. Schopenhauer’s saying, “A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants,” has been a very real inspiration to me since my youth; it has been a continual consolation in the face of life’s hardships, my own and others’, and an unfailing wellspring of tolerance. This realization mercifully mitigates the easily paralyzing sense of responsibility and prevents us from taking ourselves and other people all too seriously; it is conducive to a view of life which, in particular, gives humor its due.

  我完全不相信哲学意义上的人的自由。每个人的行为不仅受外在力量的约束,还要与内在需求协调一致。叔本华说:“人可以任意而为,却不能心想事成。”这句话从我年轻时起就一直深深地启发着我。在面对生活的艰辛时——无论是我自己还是他人的艰辛,这句话总能不断地给我安慰,成为永不枯竭的忍耐的源泉。这一认识能够仁慈地缓和那份令人几欲崩溃的责任感,并防止我们太把自己或者他人当回事,还有助于形成一种尤其幽默的人生观。

  To inquire after the meaning or object of one’s own existence or that of all creatures has always seemed to me absurd from an objective point of view. And yet everybody has certain ideals which determine the direction of his endeavors and his judgments. In this sense I have never looked upon ease and happiness as ends in themselves—this ethical basis I call the ideal of a pigsty. The ideals which have lighted my way and time after time have given me new courage to face life cheerfully, have been Kindness, Beauty, and Truth. Without the sense of kinship with men of like mind, without the occupation with the objective world, the eternally unattainable in the field of art and scientific endeavors, life would have seemed to me empty. The trite objects of human efforts—possessions, outward success, luxury—have always seemed to me contemptible.

  客观地说,探求自己或者其他所有生命存在的意义或者目标,我一直都认为是荒.唐之举。然而,每个人多少都有自己的理想,决定着他的奋斗目标和他对事情的看法。从这个意义上说,我从来都不会把安逸和幸福看作终极目标——我将这种伦理道德的基础称之为“猪圈理想”。一直以来,是对真、善、美的追求照亮了我的道路,一次又一次给我以新的勇气,让我愉快地面对生活。如果没有对志同道合者的那种亲近感,如果没有对客观世界——那个艺术和科学研究永远也无法穷极的世界——的孜孜以求,生命对我来说就是一场空。那些向来为世人竞相追求的目标——财产、奢华和外在的成功——我对此不屑一顾。

  大学英语六级晨读美文阅读

  Love Your Life

  热爱生活

  However mean your life is, meet it and live it

  不论你的生活如何卑微,你都得面对与度过

  do not shun it and call it hard names

  不要逃避,更不要抱怨

  it is not so bad as you are

  生活不像你认为的那般坏

  It looks poorest when you are richest

  当你富甲天下之时,生活却显得贫瘠乏味

  The fault finder will find faults in paradise

  即使在天堂,爱找缺点的人也能找到缺点。

  Love your life, poor as it is

  即使生活贫穷,你也该热爱生活

  You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poor-house

  因为就是在贫济院,你也有自己快乐激动与光荣的岁月

  The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man's abode

  夕阳照在贫济院窗上的反光与照在富人家的一样耀目

  The snow melts before its door as early in the spring.

  其门前的积雪也同样在早春融化

  I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there

  我只是看到,一个心绪宁静的人就算居住在贫济院,生活起来也会心满意足。

  And have as cheering thoughts, as in a palace.

  思想愉悦,如同生活在皇宫中一样。

  The town`s poor seem to me often to live the most independent lives of any.

  在我看来,城镇中的贫民大凡过着最为无拘无束的生活。

  Maybe they are simply great enough to receive without misgiving.

  或许他们只是超乎寻常,不然岂会毫无疑惧地接受这一切。

  Most think that they are above being supported by the town.

  大多数人认为自己超凡脱俗而无须依赖城镇的资助

  大学英语六级晨读美文学习

  The Road to Happiness

  通往幸福的道路

  If you look around at the men and women whom you can call happy, you will see that they all have certain things in common. The most important of these things is an activity which at most gradually builds up something that you are glad to see coming into existence. Women who take an instinctive pleasure in their children can get this kind of satisfaction out of bringing up a family. Artists and authors and men of science get happiness in this way if their own work seems good to them. But there are many humbler forms of the same kind of pleasure. Many men who spend their working life in the city devote their weekends to voluntary and unremunerated toil in their gardens, and when the spring comes, they experience all the joys of having created beauty.

  只要你观察一下周围那些你可称之为幸福的男男女女,就会看出他们都有某些共同之处。在这些共同之处中有一点是最重要的:那就是活动本身,它在大多数情况下本身就很有趣,而且可逐渐的使你的愿望得以实现。生性喜爱孩子的妇女,能够从抚养子女中得到这种满足。艺术家、作家和科学家如果对自己的工作感到满意,也能以同样的方式得到快乐。不过,还有很多是较低层次的快乐。许多在城里工作的人到了周末自愿地在自家的庭院里做无偿的劳动,春天来时,他们就可尽情享受自己创造的美景带来的快乐。

  The whole subject of happiness has, in my opinion, been treated too solemnly. It had been thought that man cannot be happy without a theory of life or a religion. Perhaps those who have been rendered unhappy by a bad theory may need a better theory to help them to recovery, just as you may need a tonic when you have been ill. But when things are normal a man should be healthy without a tonic and happy without a theory. It is the simple things that really matter. If a man delights in his wife and children, has success in work, and finds pleasure in the alternation of day and night, spring and autumn, he will be happy whatever his philosophy may be. If, on the other hand, he finds his wife fateful, his children's noise unendurable, and the office a nightmare; if in the daytime he longs for night, and at night sighs for the light of day, then what he needs is not a new philosophy but a new regimen--a different diet, or more exercise, or what not.

  在我看来,整个关于快乐的话题一向都被太严肃的对待过了。过去一直有这样的看法:如果没有一种生活的理论或者宗教信仰,人是不可能幸福的。也许那些由于理论不好才导致不快乐的人需要一种较好的理论帮助他们重新快活起来,就像你生过病需要吃补药一样。但是,正常情况下,一个人不吃补药也应当是健康的;没有理论也应当是幸福的。真正有关系的是一些简单的事情。如果一个男人喜爱他的妻子儿女,事业有成,而且无论白天黑夜,春去秋来,总是感到高兴,那么不管他的理论如何,都会是快乐的。反之,如果他讨厌自己的妻子,受不了孩子们的吵闹,而且害怕上班;如果他白天盼望夜晚,而到了晚上又巴望着天明,那么,他所需要的就不是一种新的理论,而是一种新的生活——改变饮食习惯,多锻炼身体等等。

  Man is an animal, and his happiness depends on his physiology more than he likes to think. This is a humble conclusion, but I cannot make myself disbelieve it. Unhappy businessmen, I am convinced, would increase their happiness more by walking six miles every day than by any conceivable change of philosophy.

  人是动物,他的幸福更多的时候取决于其生理状况而非思想状况。这是一个很庸俗的结论,然而我无法使自己怀疑它。我确信,不幸福的商人与其找到新的理论来使自己幸福,还不如每天步行六英里更见效。

    1509457