哈佛校园生活情景对话:哈佛美男选举
哈佛大学,简称哈佛。坐落于美国马萨诸塞州剑桥市,是一所享誉世界的私立研究型大学,是著名的常春藤盟校成员,被公认为是当今世界最顶尖的高等教育机构之一。下面学习啦小编为大家带来关于哈佛校园生活情景对话,欢迎大家学习!
哈佛校园生活情景对话:哈佛美男选举
Li Lei comes to Han Meimei’s home.
L: Hi, Han, do you want to have a look at some cute guys?
L:嗨,韩,想看帅哥吗?
H: Sure. But why do you suddenly....
H:当然,但你为什么突然……
L: We’re now voting for Mr. Harvard Freshman 2010. It’s quite interesting, so I’d like to let you know about it.
L:我们现在正投票选举2010年新入校的"哈佛先生”。很有意思,所以我想让你也 了解一下。
H: Mr. what? Oh, my god! I know people love boy toys in recent years. Some boys also dress up as boy toys.
H:什么先生?哦,天哪!我知道最近几年人们都喜欢花样美男,一些男生也打扮得 跟花美男一样。
L: Don’t you like boy toys? A lot of girls love them, and it’s said that women are picking more feminine looking men.
L:'你不喜欢花美男吗?很多女生都喜欢花美男,据说现在女人会选择客貌更柔美的 男人。
H: No comment. Why are we talking about this?
H:不发表意见。为什么我们在讨论这个问题?
L: Where were we? Oh, I want you to go on line now. Google “Freeze College Magazine”. Then search “Mr. Harvard Freshman 2010”. Finished?
L:刚才我们说到哪儿了?对了,我想让你现在上一下网,捜“冰冻校园"杂志,然 后捜“哈佛先生2010”,好了吗?
H: Yes, who are these guys?
H:这都是谁啊?
L: They’re the candidates for Mr. Harvard Freshman this year. This is the third time the activity’s been held. And it’ll be held annually.
L:是今年"哈佛先生”的候选人,这是第三次举办 这个舌动了。以后每车都会举办。
H: Why didn’t you participate in the activity?
H:为什么你不参加呢?
L: Stop kidding me.
L:别开我玩笑了。
H: They look great and different from the Harvard boys I imagined.
H:看起来不错呀,和我想象的哈佛男孩不一样。
L: How did you look on Harvard boys?
L:你以前怎么看哈佛男孩的?
H: Well, the typical image of a Harvard boy is, say, Bill Gates, although he dropped out of school.
H:哈佛男生的典型形象是,比如说,比尔·盖茨,虽然他辍学了
L: So in your opinion, Harvard boys wears glasses, and are shy and not good-looking. They lack a sense of humor and a taste for fashion. Right?
L:所以你认为哈佛男生应该是带着眼镜,很害羞,长得不怎么样,缺少幽默感,不 懂时尚,对吧?
H: You can say so. Yet, these guys have changed my view of Harvard boys. You said this is the third year for the activity. Who were the winners in the previous two years?
H:可以这么说。但这些人改变了我对哈佛男孩的看法。你说这是第三届了,前两届 谁是获胜者?
L; The winner in the first year was Siddhant Singh from Mumbai, India. The second was Brian Butler. Here are their pictures.
L:第一年是来自印度孟买的斯丁哈特·森格,第二年是布菜恩·巴特勒。这是照片。
H: I like Sing more.
H:我更喜欢森格。
L: Look, it is interesting. You sniffed at it first.
L:瞧,很有意思吧,刚开始你还不屑呢。
H: Li, don’t rake up the past. Come here. Let’s take a close look at these guys.
H:李,别翻旧帐了。过来,咱们仔细看看。
L: There are 15 candidates. Which one do you like most?
L:有15个候选人,你最喜欢哪个?
H: Look at Hemi Gandhi, he looks like Singh.
H:看赫米·甘地,他长得像森格。
L: His family name is Gandhi. He must be of Indian descent as well.
L:他姓甘地,应该也是印度后裔。
H: I like him. Let’s vote for him.
H:我喜欢他,咱们把票投给他吧。
L: Don't judge people by appearance. Mr. Harvard Freshman should have both good looks and wisdom. Look, there are some questions for them. You should read the answers and then make your judgment.
L:别以貌取人,哈佛先生应该是美貌和智慧并存。看,还有问题问他们。你应该先 看看他们是怎么回答的,然后再做判断。
H: Ok, all of them answered this question “Why should our reader vote for you for Mr. Harvard Freshman?”
H:好吧,所有的人都回答了这个问题"为什么读者要选你为哈佛先生?"
L: Gandhi answers “My mom would make a great mother in law to all the eligible girls out there.”
L:甘地说"我妈妈对外面那些所有符合条件的女孩来说都会是个好岳母。”
H: I like his answer, pretty funny and warm at the same time.
H:我喜欢他的回答,很搞笑也很温馨。
L: How do others answer it?
L:其他人是怎么回答的?
H: This one, Jirka Jelinek, “because I am so European!” Go to hell.
H:这个,乔治也·利内克,“因为我很欧式! ”见鬼去吧。
L: Here, another question for Gandhi, “When I grow up I want to..
L:这儿,还有个问题问甘地"当我长大的时候,我想……"
H: “Start an alternative energy company and do sustainable development work in the developing world.” Good boy.
H: “办一个新能源公司,在发展中国家做可持续发展工作。"好孩子。
L: Hilton Hayward Augustine is also a good boy, he says “If I was given a million dollars, I would repay my parents for all their hard earned cash that went into raising me.”
L:希尔顿·海沃德·奥古斯丁也是个好孩子,他说"如果给我_百万美元,我会用来 回报父母,他们辛苦赚钱供养我。”
H: Yeah, he is nice too. The more I look at them, the harder I can make a choice. If I can vote as well, then we can vote for both Gandhi and Augustine.
H:是的,他也很好。我越看越难选择,如果我也能投票,那我们就可以给甘地和奥 古斯丁都吝投一票。
L: What a pity!
L:真可惜!