学习啦 焯杰 2016-05-23 17:21:50
beat, strike, hit, thrash, whip
1. The strike was called by the Lebanese Forces militia.
2. The strike has taken on overtones of a civil rights campaign.
3. He hoped to strike it rich by investing in ginseng.
4. Northbridge is a cool, calculating and clever criminal who could strike again.
5. The rail strike is causing major disruptions at the country's ports.
6. Our instinctive reaction when someone causes us pain is to strike back.
7. Talks with the teachers' union over the weekend have averted a strike.
8. They have removed all tactical nuclear missiles that could strike Europe.
9. The main characteristic of the strike has been its longevity.
10. They've put in time and effort to keep the strike going.
11. Government employees and officers also stayed away from work during the strike.
12. The miners ended their year-long strike in March 1985.
13. They have begun a hunger strike in protest at the alleged beating.
14. She wanted me to strike out on my own, buy a business.
15. The strike shut down 50 airports, but most international flights were unaffected.