学习啦 诗盈 2019-04-11 11:52:13
Ⅰ卷 (选择题 共90分)
1. What are the speakers doing?
A. Working. B. Running. C. Having a drink.
2. What made the man so worried?
A. The exam. B. The paper. C. His teacher.
3. How long will the man stay in France?
A. Five weeks. B. Three days. C. Two days.
4. What was wrong with Jack?
A. He had a fever. B. He was in hospital. C. He was late for work.
5. Why was the man late for work?
A. He was in an accident.B. His car was being repaired.C. He couldn’t get his car going.
6. How many most beautiful subways are there on the earth?
A. Nine. B. Nineteen. C. Eight.
7. When did the woman go to Shanghai?
A. Two days ago. B. Last week. C. Last month.
8. What can we learn from the conversation?
A. The boss didn’t leave that night.
B. The speakers enjoyed themselves at the party.
C. The man regretted having invited his wife’s boss.
9. What is the boss like?
A. Nice B. Impolite C. Shy.
10. What does the man want to sell?
A. Furniture. B. Garden supplies. C. An apartment.
11. Why does the man want to sell his belongings?
A. He needs money. B. He is moving. C. He likes new things.
12. How is the man going to pay?
A. By check. B. In cash. C. By credit card.
13. What’s the relationship between Mary and John?
A. Classmates. B. Mother and son. C. Brother and sister.
14. What is John doing?
A. Putting his shoes on. B. Making a telephone call. C. Getting ready to go to school.
15. How does John go to school?
A. By taxi. B. By bus. C. By bike.
16. How many people are there in Mary’s family?
A. Three. B. At least five C. No more than four.
17. How can people avoid forgetting things according to the speaker?
A. By keeping a diary. B. By making a schedule. C. By being reminded by others.
18. What does “a master schedule” mean?
A. A schedule made for yourself.
B. A schedule made for your boss.
C. A schedule with all important things and the time to use.
19. How many different schedules are mentioned?
A. One. B. Two. C. Three.
20. What can you use your daily schedule to do?
A. Plan time well. B. Achieve short-term goals. C. Achieve long-term goals.
第一节 阅读理解(共15小题; 每小题2分，满分30分)
Shakespeare’s Birthplace and Exhibition of Shakespeare’s World
Welcome to the world-famous house where William Shakespeare was born in l564 and where he grew up. The property (房产) remained in the ownership of Shakespeare’s family until 1806. The House has welcomed visitors traveling from all over the world, for over 250 years.
◆Enter through the Visitors’ Centre and see the highly-praised exhibition Shakespeare's World, a lively and full introduction to the life and work of Shakespeare.
◆Stand in the rooms where Shakespeare grew up.
◆Discover examples of furniture and needlework from Shakespeare’s period.
◆Enjoy the traditional English garden, planted with trees and flowers mentioned in the poet’s works.
◎The Birthplace is within easy walking distance of all the car parks shown on the map;nearest is Windsor Street(3 minutes’ walk).
◎The House may present difficulties but the Visitors’ Centre, its exhibition, and the garden are accessible (可进入的) to wheelchair users.
◎The Shakespeare Coffee House (opposite the Birthplace)
21. How much is the admission for a family of two grown-ups and two children?
A. ￡9.80. B. ￡14.20. C. ￡12.00. D. ￡16.40.
22. Where is the nearest parking place to Shakespeare’s Birthplace?
A. Near the Coffee House. B. Opposite the Visitors’ Centre.
C. At Windsor Street. D. Behind the exhibition hall.
23. A wheelchair user may need help to enter .
A. the House B. the exhibition hall C. the Visitors’ Centre D. the garden
An Englishman, a Frenchman and a Russian were discussing happiness. "Happiness," said the Englishman, "Happiness is when you return home tired after work, yet find your slippers(拖鞋) warming by the fire."
"You English have little romance," said the Frenchman. "Happiness is when you go on a business trip, find a pretty girl who entertains you then afterwards you part without regrets."
"You are both wrong," said the Russian. "True happiness is when you are at home in bed and at 4 a.m., you hear a hammering at the door and outside stand the secret police, who say to you, 'Ivan Ivanovitch, you are under arrest', and you say, 'Sorry, Ivanovitch lives next door.'"
24. The Englishman's happiness suggests that _______.
A. he should have no time to warm his slippers
B. he enjoys the warmth of the family
C. he thinks it the most important to have slippers
D. he wants someone to warm his slippers
25. What the Frenchman said means that _______.
A. a man can be free to play with any pretty girl when possible
B. he wants to marry a girl he loves
C. he likes romance when going on a business trip
D. the Englishman doesn’t have any romance
26. The meaning of the Russian's words is that _______.
A. he would like to have a good sleep at night
B. he will feel happy if his neighbour is arrested
C. he thinks it happiness to feel safe
D. he will feel afraid if anyone knocks at his door at night
27. The best title for this story is "_______".
A. The Difference in Happiness B. How to Get Happiness
C. The Definition of Happiness D. The Importance of Happiness.
Most children now chat daily either online or through their mobile phones. They are connecting to a huge number of other children all over the world. Some are shy "in real life" but are confident to communicate with others online. Others find support from people of their own age on relationship issues, or problems at home.
Sometimes the online world, just like the real world, can introduce problems, such as arguments. Going online is great fun, but there are also a few people who use the Internet for offensive (冒犯性的) or illegal aims. Children must be made aware of both the good things and the dangers.
To keep children safe, your management must cover the family computer. Just as you decide which TV programmes are suitable, you need to do the same for the websites and chat rooms your children visit. Remind your children that online friends are still strangers. Reminding them of the risks will keep them alert (警惕的).
Computer studies are part of schoolwork now, so it’s likely that your children may know more than you do. We get left behind when it comes to the latest gadgets (小玩意) and the interactive areas of websites, like chat rooms and message boards, which are especially strange. The language of chat is strange to many parents, too. Chatters love to use abbreviations (缩写) such as: atb—all the best, bbfn—bye bye for now, cul8er—see you later,gr8—great, Idk—I don't know, imbl—it must be love, kit—keep in touch, paw—parents are watching, lol—laugh out loud, xlnt—excellent! It seems like another language, and it is!
28. The passage is meant for _______.
A. children B. parents C. teachers D. net bar owners
29. Which of the following will the author probably agree with?
A. The Internet is no good for children.
B. The chat language is strange to adults.
C. Children shouldn't chat so much online.
D. The Internet is a good place for children.
30. The purpose of writing this passage is to advise _______.
A. people not to use the net language in real life
B. children not to meet online friends freely
C. teachers to have students study on computers
D. parents to protect their children from online dangers
31. In order to keep children safe online, you'd better _______.
A. choose suitable websites and chat rooms for them
B. teach them to use correct net words
C. surf the Internet together with them
D. stop them from using the Internet
Proverbs(谚语) are quite common in spoken English. We don’t normally put them in a composition or a letter. Sometimes it is helpful if you know what common proverbs mean. Here are a few examples.
1) “Once bitten, twice shy.” If a dog bites me, I shall be twice as careful in future when I see it. This proverb is also used to apply to many things and not only to dogs. If you have been cheated at a shop, you will not go to the same shop again.
2) “A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.” If I am a hunter, trying to catch birds, it is better to catch one than to see two birds in a bush but not able to catch them. Thus this means that what you have already got is better than the chance of being able to get something bigger in future.
3) “Don’t be a dog in a manger(槽)”means“ Don’t be selfish.” In a stable (马房), the manger is the place where the horse’s food is put. Sometimes a dog will sleep in the manger and bark when a horse comes to get its food. The dog does not want to eat the food in the manger but it will not let the horse eat it.
4) “He is sitting on the fence” means that somebody will not say whether he is in favor of a plan or against it. He is sitting on a fence between two opposing sides, perhaps waiting to see which side will win.
5) “He who pays the piper calls the tune.” A piper is a musician. The man who employs or pays a musician can say what tunes the musician will play. Thus this means that if a man provides the money for a plan, he can say how it will be carried out.
6)“You can’t get blood out of a stone” means that you cannot get something from a person who has not got any of the things you want. e. g. you cannot get a million dollars from a poor man.
32. Peter has a bicycle which is much too small for him but he does not want to let his younger brother ride on it. His mother is angry and says to him: ______.
A. You can’t get blood out of a stone B. Don’t be a dog in a manger
C. Once bitten, twice shy. D. To pour oil on troubled waters
33. Mr. Wang paid for a new school. Some people didn’t like the design of the school but they didn’t argue with Mr. Wang because ______.
A. he was sitting on the fence B. once bitten, twice shy
C. he who pays the piper calls the tune D. a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush
34. Mrs. Lin wanted to buy a new dress. Her husband suggested that she buy it from a shop near their home. Mrs. Lin disagreed because she had been cheated by that shop. So she said: “I won’t go there again because ______.”
A. a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush B. I am sitting on the fence
C. once bitten, twice shy D. too many cooks spoil the broth
35. Mr. Brown had quite a good job in Hong Kong but he thought that if he went to Singapore, he might get a much better job with more money and a larger house. His wife didn’t want him to leave his job in Hong Kong and she reminded him that ______.
A. a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush B. too many cooks spoil the broth
C. you cannot get blood out of a stone D. he who pays the piper calls the tune
There was once a lonely girl who longed so much for love.One day while she was walking in the woods she found two starving birds 36 She cared about them with love and the birds grew strong. Every morning they greeted her with a wonderful song.The girl felt great love for the birds.
37 The larger and stronger of the two birds flew from the cage.The girl was so frightened that he would fly away. As he flew close，she grasped him wildly.Her heart felt glad at her success in capturing(捕捉) him.
38 She opened her hand and stared in horror at the dead bird.It was her desperate love that had killed him.
She noticed the other bird moving back and forth on the edge of the cage.She could feel his great need for freedom. He needed to fly into the clear，blue sky. 39 The bird circled once，twice，three times.
The girl watched delightedly at the bird’s enjoyment. 40 What she wanted to see was that the bird could fly happily.Suddenly the bird flew closer and landed softly on her shoulder.It sang the sweetest tune that she had ever heard.
Remember，the fastest way to lose love is to hold on it too tightly;the best way to keep love is to give it wings!
A. She gave them some delicious food and left.
B. Suddenly she felt the bird go soft.
C. Her heart was no longer concerned with her loss.
D. One day she left with the two birds at home alone.
E. She took them home and put them in a small cage.
F. One day the girl left the door of the cage open accidentally.
G. She lifted him from the cage and threw him softly into the air.
Born in America, I spoke English, not Chinese, the language of my ancestors. When I was three, my parents flashed cards with Chinese 41 at my face, but I pushed them 42 . My mom believed I would learn 43 I was ready. But the 44 never came.
On a Chinese New Year’s Eve, my uncle spoke to me in Chinese, but all I could do was 45 at him, confused, scratching my head. “Still can’t speak Chinese?” He 46 me, “You can’t even buy a fish in Chinatown.”
“Hey, this is America, not China. I’ll get some 47 with or without Chinese.” I replied and turned to my mom for 48 .
“Remenber to ask for fresh fish, Xin Xian Yu ,” she said, handing over a $20 bill. I 49 the words, running downstairs into the streets of Chinatown.
I found the fish 50 surrounded in a sea of customers. “I’d like to buy some fresh fish,” I shouted to the fishman. But he 51 my English words and turned to serve the next customer. The laugh of the people behind increased 52 their impatience. With every 53 the breath of the dragons (龙)on my back grew stronger—my blood boiling— 54 me to cry out, “Xian Sheng Yu, please ” “Very Xian Sheng,” I repeated. The crowd erupted into laughter. My face turned 55 and I ran back home 56 , except for the $20 bill I held tightly in my pocket .
Should I laugh or cry? They’re Chinese. I should feel right at 57 . Instead, I was the joke, a disgrace (丢脸) to the language.
Sometimes, I laugh at my fish 58 , but, in the end, the joke is on 59 . Every laugh is a culture 60 ; every laugh is my heritage (传统) fading away.
41. A. custom B. language C. characters D. games
42. A. aside B. around C. along D. ahead
43. A. before B. when C. unless D. until
44. A. success B. study C. attempt D. time
45. A. stare B. joke C. nod D. aim
46. A. cared about B. laughed at C. argued with D. asked after
47. A. right now B. from now C. at times D. in time
48. A. decision B. information C. permission D. preparation
49. A. repeated B. reviewed C. spelled D. kept
50. A. seller B. farm C. pond D. market
51. A. guessed B. forgot C. doubted D. ignored
52. A. by B. as C. with D. from
53. A. desire B. effort C. second D. movement
54. A. forcing B. allowing C. persuading D. leading
55. A. bright B. blank C. pale D. red
56. A. open-mouthed B. tongue-tied C. empty-handed D. broken-hearted
57. A. service B. root C. risk D. home
58. A. trade B. deed C. challenge D. experience
59. A. it B. me C. us D. them
60. A. thrown B. lost C. divided D. reflected
61.What he said was based on the fact, so it was quite _________(令人信服的).
62. Neither the teacher nor the students are_________(满足的)with the result.
63. The old temple here is regarded as part of the local history ,so it should be well_________(保存)
64. we need to _______ _______ (关注 )the the customers and their needs.
65. Dear Tom, _________ (表现)yourself. After all, you are a grown-up now, you should set an example for others.
66. The little boy has the habit of _________ (观察)people in the busy street.
67. I’m sure he will certainly make _________(评论) on your composition if he wants to.
68. If you’re going to come, please let me know _______ __________(提前).
69.We found that it came from the river _________ (污染)by the dirty water from the factory nearby.
70.Little Jack was _________ (高兴的)because he solved a math problem which his teacher and classmates could not work out.
There are all kinds of festivals throughout the world. Festivals are held 71 (satisfy) and please the ancestors, to honour some famous people or important 72 (event), and to express people's gratitude to the God for bringing them a year of plenty. For example, in India, October 2 is 73 national festival to honour Mahandas Gandhi, the leader 74 helped gain India’s 75 (independent) from Britain.76 (tradition), in China the Spring Festival, which 77 (celebrate) in January or February, is the most 78 (energy) and important because it is a festival that looks forward 79 the coming of spring. Why are all these festivals everywhere? Because during the festivals, people can get together to eat, drink and have fun with each other, 80 (forget) all the daily struggle and demands for a while.
Christie was one of my best friend at high school. At that time, we often spend time study together. Thank to her help, I made a great progress in my study. Last year, she decided to study abroad. In another words, we would be separated for long time. Before she left , I prepared a gift to show my best wishes to him. She said it was the best gift she has ever had. From then on, we’ve kept in touch with each other through e-mails. I look forward to see her again in the near future.
听力: 1-5 BBACC 6-10 ACCBA 11-15 BBCCB 16-20 BBCCA
阅读理解：21-23CCA 24-27 BCCA 28-31 BBDA 32-35 BCCA 36-40 EFBGC
完形填空：41-45 CABDA 46-50 BACAA 51-55 DCCAD 56-60 CDDBB
61. convincing 62. content 63.preserved 64. focus on 65. behave
66. observing 67. comments 68. in advance 69. polluted 70. delighted
语法填空 71.to satisfy 72. events 73. a 74. who 75. independence
76. Traditionally 77. is celebrated 78. energetic 79. to 80. forgetting
Christie was one of my best friend at high school. At that time, we often spend time
study together. Thank to her help, I made a great progress in my study. Last year, s
he decided to study abroad. In another words, we would be separated for ∧long time.
Before she left I prepared a gift to show my best wishes to him. She said it was the best
gift she has ever had. From then on, we’ve kept in touch with each other through e-mails.
I look forward to see her again in the near future.
During the Labor’s Day, my parents and I made a short trip to our capital---Beijing.
Beijing is a modern city with a long history. People there are friendly. We visited many places of interest such as the Great Wall and Bird’s Nest. We tried different kinds of local food too. I saw many foreigners working or traveling around Beijing. It is becoming an international city. It is attracting people from all over the world.
I enjoyed my trip very much. In addition, I am happy to see our country is getting stronger and more developed. I am proud to be Chinese.
Monthly Talks at London Canal Museum
Our monthly talks start at 19:30 on the first Thursday of each month except August. Admission is at normal charges and you don’t need to book. They end around 21:00.
The Canal Pioneers, by Chris Lewis. James Brindley is recognized as one of the leading early canal engineers. He was also a major player in training others in the art of canal planning and building. Chris Lewis will explain how Brindley made such a positive contribution to the education of that group of early "civil engineers".
Ice for the Metropolis, by Malcolm Tucker. Well before the arrival of freezers, there was a demand for ice for food preservation and catering. Malcolm will explain the history of importing natural ice and the technology of building ice wells, and how London’s ice trade grew.
An Update on the Cotswold Canals, by Liz Payne. The Stroudwater Canal is moving towards reopening. The Thames and Severn Canal will take a little longer. We will have a report on the present state of play.
Eyots and Aits — Thames Islands, by Miranda Vickers. The Thames has many islands. Miranda has undertaken a review of all of them. She will tell us about those of greatest interest.
Online bookings: www.canalmuseum.org.uk/book
More info: www.canalmuseum.org.uk/whatson
London Canal Museum
12-13 New Wharf Road, London NI 9RT
Tel: 020 7713 0836
1. When is the talk on James Brindley?
A. February 6th. B. March 6th.
C. November 7th. D. December 5th.
2. What is the topic of the talk in February?
A. The Canal Pioneers.
B. Ice for the Metropolis.
C. Eyots and Aits — Thames Islands.
D. An Update on the Cotswold Canals.
3. Who will give the talk on the islands in the Thames?
A. Miranda Vickers. B. Malcolm Tucker.
C. Chris Lewis. D. Liz Payne.
3. A 【解析】细节理解题。根据第四场讲座的介绍的第一句可知，由Miranda Vickers 主讲的这场讲座的内容是关于"Thames Islands"的。
Salvador Dali (1904-1989) was one of the most popular of modern artists. The Pompidou Centre in Paris is showing its respect and admiration for the artist and his powerful personality with an exhibition bringing together over 200 paintings, sculptures, drawings and more. Among the works and masterworks on exhibition the visitor will find the best pieces, most importantly The Persistence of Memory. There is also L’Enigme sans Fin from 1938, works on paper, objects, and projects for stage and screen and selected parts from television programmes reflecting the artist’s showman qualities.
The visitor will enter the World of Dali through an egg and is met with the beginning, the world of birth. The exhibition follows a path of time and subject with the visitor exiting through the brain.
The exhibition shows how Dali draws the viewer between two infinities(无限), "From the infinity small to the infinity large, contraction and expansion coming in and out of focus: amazing Flemish accuracy and the showy Baroque of old painting that he used in his museum-theatre in Figueras," explains the Pompidou Centre.
The fine selection of the major works was done in close collaboration(合作)with the Museo Nacional Reina Sofia in Madrid, Spain, and with contributions from other institutions like the Salvador Dali Museum in St. Petersburg, Florida.
4. Which of the following best describes Dali according to Paragraph 1?
A. Optimistic. B. Productive.
C. Generous. D. Traditional.
5. What is Dali’s The Persistence of Memory considered to be?
A. One of his masterworks.
B. A successful screen adaptation.
C. An artistic creation for the stage.
D. One of the best TV programmes.
6. How are the exhibits arranged at the World of Dali?
A. By popularity. B. By importance.
C. By size and shape. D. By time and subject.
7. What does the word "contributions" in the last paragraph refer to?
A. Artworks. B. Projects. C. Donations. D. Documents.
5. A 【解析】细节理解题。根据第一段中的"Among the works and masterworks on exhibition the visitor will find the best pieces, most importantly The Persistence of Memory"可知，萨尔瓦多•达利的作品The Persistence of Memory被认为是他的一幅杰作。
6. D 【解析】细节理解题。根据第二段中的"The exhibition follows a path of time and subject with the visitor exiting through the brain"可知，达利的世界是按照时间和主题组织作品展览的。
7. A 【解析】词义猜测题。根据最后一段可知,多家博物馆通力合作，共同精选展出作品。文中提到像西班牙马德里的博物馆和圣彼德斯堡的博物馆这样的机构也提供萨尔瓦多•达利的作品参加展览。由此推测，contributions指"作品"，故选A。
Nowadays women appear to have a positive image of themselves as safer drivers than men.
In a survey done for insurer MetLife,51% of women said they drive more safely. The evidence is on their side: Men are 3.4 times more likely than women to get a ticket for careless driving and 3.1 times as likely to be punished for drunk driving."Women are on average less aggressive and more law abiding (守法的) drivers, which leads to fewer accidents, " the report says. However, not all male drivers share the same opinion. Of the men surveyed by MetLife,39% claimed male drivers were safer. The findings did back them up on one point: automotive knowledge. The report showed that more men are familiar with current safety equipment such as electronic stability control, which helps prevent rollover accidents.
Auto safety unavoidably matters to Money. Insurance companies focus on what classes of drivers have the lowest dollar amounts of claims, and for now, that mainly includes women. In general, women pay about 9% less for auto insurance than men. A study by the website Insweb also showed that auto insurance rates are lower for women in most states. Among individual states, women get the greatest, advantage in Wyoming (where they pay 20% less)，South Dakota and Washington, D.C., where their insurance costs are 16% lower.
"More than 11,900 male drivers died in US traffic accidents in 2009, compared with just under 4,900 women drivers" according to the study."Based on miles traveled, men died at a rate of 2.5 deaths per 100 million miles traveled, vs.1.7 deaths for women."
8. According to the study, female drivers _____________.
A. are more aggressive while driving
B. are more interested in auto knowledge
C. are more likely to stick driving laws
D. are more familiar with safety equipment
9. Insurance companies focus on female driver clients probably because they _____________.
A. cause more accidents on the road
B. pay more money to the insurance companies
C. take the most part of the insurance clients
D. have the lowest amount of money on insurance claims
10. We can infer from the passage that_____________.
A. men are 3.1 times more likely to get tickets than women
B. all women in the USA pay the same for their auto insurance
C. more female drivers die every year than male drivers
D. women are generally safer drivers than the opposite gender
11. The writer mainly develops paragraphs by_____________.
A. giving examples B. making comparisons
C. drawing a conclusion D. presenting an argument
10. D 【解析】细节理解题。根据第一段可知，女性司机相比男性司机而言驾驶更加安全，故选D。根据第二段中的"Men are 3.4 times more likely...to get a ticket..."可知，A项错误;根据第三段最后一句可知，B项错误;根据最后一段第一句可知，C项错误。
11. B 【解析】推理判断题。根据文中第二至四段中的数据对比可知，作者将女性司机与男性司机进行比较，从而得出女性司机比男性司机更安全的结论，故选B。
Anyone who has ever tried to make their way through the center of Amsterdam in a car knows it: the city is owned by cyclists. They hurry in swarms through the streets, unbothered by traffic rules, taking precedence (优先权) whenever they want, rendering motorists powerless by their sheer numbers.
Cyclists rule in Amsterdam and great pains have been taken to accommodate them: the city is equipped with an elaborate network of cycle paths and lanes, so safe and comfortable that even toddlers and elderly people use bikes as the easiest mode of transport. It’s not only Amsterdam which boasts a network of cycle paths, of course; you’ll find them in all Dutch cities.
The Dutch take this for granted; they even tend to believe these cycle paths have existed since the beginning of time. But that is certainly not the case. This was a time in the 1950s and 1960s, when cyclists were under severe threat of being expelled(除名) from Dutch cities by the growing number of cars. Only thanks to fierce activism and a number of decisive events would Amsterdam succeed in becoming what it is, unquestionably, now: the bicycle capital of the world.
12. According to the passage, while cyclists in Amsterdam are crossing a street, ___________.
A. they never feel easy to cross it as there are many cars
B. they ignore traffic rules and follow motorists in swarms
C. they cross it in a large number regardless of traffic rules
D. they feel very nervous and cross it cautiously one after another
13. This passage is most probably taken from ___________.
A. a science fiction
B. a travelling magazine
C. an academic report
D. an instructive brochure
14. Which of the following statements is NOT mentioned in this passage?
A. Almost all people in Amsterdam like riding bicycles.
B. These cycle paths haven’t existed since the beginning of time.
C. Cities in some other countries have also begun to build their own cyclepaths.
D. In 1950s and 1960s, cyclists were in the face of being driven by the growing number of cars.
15. This passage mainly tells us ___________.
A. why the people in Amsterdam rode bicycles
B. when Amsterdam built many cycle paths and lanes
C. how Amsterdam became the bicycle capital of the world
D. what the Amsterdam government has done in the past few years
12. C 【解析】细节理解题。根据第一段中的"They hurry in swarms through ...by their sheer numbers."可知，骑自行车的人无视交通规则，成群地穿过街道。故C项符合题意。
14. C 【解析】细节理解题。根据文章第一段第一句可知，阿姆斯特丹的居民喜欢骑自行车，故A项可以排除;根据第三段第一、二句可知，这些自行车道不是从一开始就存在的，故B项可以排除;根据第三段第三句可知，在二十世纪五、六十年代骑自行车的人面临着被驱逐的危险，故D项可以排除;C项在文中没有提及。故选C。
15. C 【解析】主旨大意题。根据全文内容，尤其是最后一段"Only thanks to ... of the world."可知，本文主要讲述的是阿姆斯特丹是如何成为世界自行车之都的。故C项符合题意。
16 There are two pens which can write this book. One is writing growth, and the other is writing caducity(衰老).One is describing success, and the other is presenting failure. In other words, one is drawing happiness and the other is showing sorrow as well.
Life is like a heavy truck, so happiness and sorrow are like the wheels. No cross,no crown. No pain, no joy. ____17____ One is that to live a day is to leave a day. The other is that to live a day is to enjoy a day. Just one word difference, it has reflected the complete reverse(相反的) state of psychology. Life is like the course which is investing(投资) all the time. 18
When you have it, you should use it well and make it develop great actions. Please remember, the active attitude creates wonderful life, or the negative attitude wastes lifetime.
19 When she was about to knock at the door, she heard someone speaking in the room. A little girl said,"Would you like some braised(炖熟的) pork today?" Another girl said,"No. I would like some toasted chicken." Following the words, the lady knocked at the door and went into the room. 20 To her surprise, there were only some pieces of thin and dry bread, two cold potatoes and a jar of water on the table. The lady asked them what was the matter. They said that they imagined that, so poor food was turned into many kinds of delicious food.
When the lady left the family, she had new understanding of happiness.
A .Life is like a book.
B. Happy life exists everywhere.
C. There are two different minds.
D. She saw them sitting at a table.
E. Everybody wishes to live a happy life.
F. Therefore, for one sense, life is the capital.
G. One day, a rich lady went to visit a poor, but happy family.
16. A 【解析】根据下文的"There are two pens which can write this book."可知，上文提到了书，故A项"Life is like a book."符合语境。
8. F 【解析】前文的"Life is like the course which is investing(投资) all the time."说明生活就是一个不断投资的过程，因此从某种意义上来说，生活就是资本，故F项符合语境。
19. G 【解析】空缺处位于本段句首，介绍了事情的起因。根据"When she was about to knock at the door"可知，这位女士要去拜访一户人家，故G项符合语境。
20. D 【解析】后文中的"there were only some pieces of thin and dry bread,two cold potatoes and a jar of water on the table"提示了她们正在桌旁用餐，故D项符合语境。
My husband, Tom, has always been good with animals, but I was still amazed when he befriended a female grouse (松鸡). It’s 21 for a grouse to have any contact (接触) with people. In fact, they’re hard to spot, 22 they usually fly off when they hear humans approaching.
This grouse came into our lives in 23 .Tom was working out in the field when he 24 her walking around at the edge of the field. She was 25 unafraid and seemed to be 26 about what he was doing.
Tom saw the 27 bird several times, and she got more comfortable around him. We quickly grew 28 of the bird and decided to call her Mildred.
One day, as Tom was working, Mildred came within a few feet of him to watch. Tom 29 he didn’t see her and kept working to see what she would do next.
Apparently, she didn’t like to be 30 . She’d run up and peck (啄) at Tom’s hands, then 31 off to see what he would do. This went on for about 20 minutes, until Mildred became tired of the 32 and left.
As spring went and summer came, Mildred started to 33 more and more often. 34 Mildred felt comfortable enough to jump up on Tom’s leg and stay long enough for me to get a 35 of the two of them together. This friendly grouse soon felt 36 not just with our family, but with anybody who walked or drove by.
When hunting season opened, we put a 37 at the end of our driveway asking 38 not to shoot our pet grouse. My father, who lived down the road, 39 warned people not to shoot her. 40 , hunters would stop and take pictures, because they had never seen anything like her.
21. A. interesting B. reasonable C. impossible D. unusual
22. A. though B. because C. unless D. until
23 A. spring B. summer C. autumn D. winter
24. A. got B. kept C. noticed D. imagined
25. A. naturally B. certainly C. normally D. surprisingly
26. A. crazy B. curious C. concerned D. cautious
27. A. shy B. awkward C. friendly D. elegant
28. A. careful B. tired C. fond D. sick
29. A. supposed B. realized C. hoped D. pretended
30. A. ignored B. observed C. amazed D. disturbed
31. A. put B. back C. set D. take
32. A. game B. work C. place D. man
33. A. give up B. come out C. turn over D. fly by
34 A. Eventually B. Suddenly C. Constantly D. Presently
35. A. chance B. dream C. picture D. sense
36. A. comfortable B. guilty C. anxious D. familiar
37. A. lantern B. sign C. gun D. loudspeaker
38. A. drivers B. farmers C. hunters D. tourists
39. A. just B. yet C. thus D. also
40. A. In fact B. For long C. On the contrary D. By the way
21. D interesting有趣的;reasonable合理的;impossible不可能的;unusual不寻常的。根据上文作者对此事感到惊讶"I was still amazed"和下文中对松鸡性情的介绍"they usually fly off when they hear humans approaching."可知松鸡和人密切接触的情况是不常见的。
22. B though 尽管;because因为;unless除非;until直到。前句提到they’re hard to spot人们很难看到松鸡，后句内容说它们见到人类的接近就会飞走，由此可知人们很难见到松鸡的原因是它们惧怕人类，后句和前句是因果关系。
25. D naturally自然地;certainly 当然地;normally正常地;surprisingly令人惊讶地。从上文内容可知松鸡是怕人的，见到人就飞走，而这只松鸡不怕人，所以让人惊讶。
26. B crazy疯狂的，着迷的;curious好奇的;concerned关心的;cautious小心的。从空前内容可知松鸡不怕人，由此推断应该是好奇Tom在做什么，其他不符合语境。
27. C shy 害羞的;awkward尴尬的;friendly 友好的;elegant优雅的。从后句内容可知这只松鸡不怕Tom，而且在他身边越来越自在，此外在文章倒数第二段也提到friendly grouse，由此可知这只松鸡是友好的。
28. C careful小心的;tired厌倦的;fond喜欢的;sick恶心的，生病的。从空后内容可知作者和丈夫给松鸡取了名字，由此判断他们对这只松鸡越来越喜欢，be fond of 意思是"喜欢"。
29. D 考查动词词义辨析及语境理解。supposed认为，猜想;realized意识到;hoped希望;pretended假装。前面提到Tom看到松鸡走近他身边，后面又说没看到她，由此判断他是假装没看见，想看看松鸡会如何反应。
30. A ignored忽略，不理睬;observed观察，遵守，庆祝;amazed感到惊讶;disturbed打扰。上文提到Tom故意装作没看到这只松鸡，空后又描述松鸡去啄Tom的手，由此判断松鸡是想引起Tom的注意，不想被忽视。
31. B put放;back后退;place安置，放;take带走。从描述的情景可以推测松鸡啄了Tom之后就退后看他的反应，选B。
32. A game游戏;work工作;place地方;man人。根据上文的叙述可知在Tom不理睬松鸡的情况下，松鸡反反复复地去啄Tom，然后看他的反应，这对它来说是一种游戏。
33. B give up 放弃;come out出来;turn over翻转;fly by飞过。根据下文内容可知夏天到了松鸡更加频繁地外出走动了。
34. A Eventually 最终;Suddenly突然;Constantly不断地;Presently目前地。从上文内容可知松鸡一点一点地接近人类，胆子越来越大，最后都飞到Tom身上，由此判断答案选A。
37. B lantern灯笼;sign 招牌;gun 枪支;loudspeaker扬声器。根据情理可知要想提醒人们应该是树立起一个警示牌，而且空前动词put也只能和sign构成搭配。
38. C drivers司机;farmers农民;hunters猎人;tourists游客。从情理可知四个选项中会猎杀动物的只有猎人，而且通过下文猎人与松鸡拍照也可以判断作者是提醒猎人们不要猎杀他们的松鸡。
39. D just 仅仅;yet 然而;thus因此;also也。前面内容提到作者竖起牌子警示人们不要猎杀这只友好的松鸡，而父亲同时也警告人们别猎杀那只松鸡，由此可知答案选D。
40. A In fact 事实上;For long很长时间;On the contrary相反;By the way 顺便说。上文提到作者和家人都提醒人们不要去伤害这只松鸡，而猎人们不仅没有猎杀松鸡，甚至还和松鸡一起拍照，故A选项内容符合语境。
Whenever I use public transport and if I get a place to sit, I offer that seat to someone who 41 (need) it more than I, especially to the elderly, to women or someone 42 (desperate) looking for a seat. I have made a habit of saying "Thank you" to those 43 are sacrificing their places for the fellow passengers on public transport.
So many times I 44 (experience) that showing kindness in public places spreads like wildfire. I have seen that people around us get 45 (inspire) after seeing our kindness behavior and they themselves also start behaving similarly, 46 example, showing kindness in offering their places and adjusting 47 (they) to others. Observing and experiencing such things give huge joy and 48 (please).
I keep thinking that goodness will spread around the world through these ways. Every human being has __49__ pure soul having all goodness, but the only need is 50 (come) out open to behave in a way that is already so natural within us.
43. who 考查定语从句的引导词。those who… 表示"做某事的那些人"，who引导定语从句，在从句中作主语，先行词是those，指人。
44. have experienced 考查时态。根据前面的So many times可知作者经历过很过次了，所以应用现在完成时。故填 have experienced。
45. inspired 考查形容词。get inspired表示"受到启发，激励"。故填inspired。
46. for 考查固定搭配。for example"例如"，为固定短语。故填for。
47. themselves 考查反身代词。当主语跟宾语是同一人时，宾语应用反身代词。adjust oneself to意为"调整自己以适应……"。
48. pleasure 考查名词。所填空与joy并列，应用名词，且此处为不可数名词，故填pleasure。
49. a 考查冠词。每个人都拥有一颗至善的纯洁心灵。soul在这里是抽象名词具体化，且此处表示泛指，应用不定冠词修饰。故填a。
50. to come 考查非谓语动词。不定式作表语强调的是一次性、具体的、将要发生的动作。故填to come。
Last Sunday, I sat at my favorite table in a restaurant and wait for the food I had ordered to arrive. Suddenly I found that Lin Ling, one of my classmate, worked like a waitress there. Honest speaking, it was great surprise for me to find her working there. As far as I know, she’s from a richer family. What was it that made her to work there? I walked up to her and asked her the reason. When asking, she said, "I just want to earn some pocket money so that we can help some children in poor areas go back to school."How a good girl! I should learn from her.
Last Sunday, I sat at my favorite table in a restaurant and for the food I had ordered to arrive. Suddenly I found that Lin Ling, one of my , worked a waitress there. speaking, it was great surprise for me to find her working there. As far as I know, she’ s from a family. What was it that made her work there? I walked up to her and asked her the reason. When , she said, "I just want to earn some pocket money so that can help some children in poor areas go back to school." a good girl! I should learn from her.
第一处：wait→waited 本句句首时间为Last Sunday，所以应该为过去时态，故wait改为waited。
第五处：great前加a 句意：一个大惊喜。此处 surprise表示"惊喜"，为可数名词，故great surprise改成a great surprise。
第七处：删掉to make sb. do sth.让某人做某事，使某人做某事，为固定表达，故删掉work前的to。
第八处：asking→asked 此处是状语从句When she was asked的省略，由于从句主语和主句主语一致，且从句谓语中含有be动词，因此省略了从句的主语和be;she与ask之间为被动关系，故asking改为asked。
第九处：we→I 句意：我只想挣一些零花钱，这样我就可以帮助一些贫困地区的孩子返回学校了，故we 改成I。
In today’s world, being able to master a foreign language will be helpful in our life. Here, I’d like to share my learning methods.
First, I think it useful to learn grammar and remember as many useful sentence patterns as we can. I believe the more we read, the better our English will be. So I spend much time reading English newspapers and magazines after class, which helps a lot to improve my English. Besides, TV and radio programs are also of great help.
Learning English not only increases my awareness of foreign cultures but also helps me to communicate with English-speaking people and make more new friends.
However, sometimes I get discouraged because I keep forgetting the words I have just learned. I’d like to use the opportunity to seek for your advice. Thank you!
Modern theme parks
The history of modern theme parks started with the pleasure gardens of Europe, which were built around important cities in the 1550s. The main attractions were flowers, fountains, dancing, fireworks, games, stage shows and some simple amusement rides. These pleasure gardens were early amusement parks, from which theme parks developed.
In the late 1880s，with the decline(衰退) of pleasure gardens in Europe, amusement parks spread to North America, mostly to solve the money problem of railway companies. People used railway services a lot during the week to go to work, but much less on weekends and other holidays. Therefore, amusement parks were built at the end of railway lines so that people would use the railways every day.
In 1894, Paul Boyton, an Irish American, built the world’s first modern amusement park called Paul Boyton’s Water Chutes in Chicago, USA. Since then, amusement parks have grown in number and size.
Today, there are still many amusement parks around the world. For example, Bakken Amusement Park in Denmark, which was opened in the 1580s, is the oldest amusement park in the world.
Modern theme parks grew out of amusement parks. Different from amusement parks, theme parks place more importance on showing themes or ideas in some related(相关的) areas. These theme areas recreated a special time and place for visitors to enjoy themselves. Common themes are culture, fantasy, history and religion.
The most important theme park began with a mouse and a man, Walter Elias Disney, better known as Walt Disney.
1. This passage mainly tells us about ___________.
A. how the first modern amusement park was built
B. the history of modern theme parks
C. what a modern theme park is
D. why people built amusement parks
2. The reason why amusement parks were built near railway lines in the late 1880s is that ___________.
A. the number of pleasure gardens in Europe became fewer and fewer
B. people wanted to enjoy their spare time on weekends
C. people used railway services a lot during the week to go to work
D. the railway companies wanted to bring in more money
3. Which of the following statements is NOT true according to the passage?
A. Theme parks developed from amusement parks.
B. Bakken Amusement Park is the world’s oldest amusement park.
C. Early amusement parks started in Europe.
D. Walt Disney is the first man in the world to build theme parks.
4. Suppose it is in the year of 1551, if a European wanted to enjoy himself, he could go to ___________.
A. a pleasure garden
B. a theme park
C. Paul Boyton’s Water Chutes
D. Bakken Amusement Park
3. D 【解析】细节理解题。文章最后一段只提到最重要的主题公园是由Walt Disney建的。
4. A 【解析】推理判断题。由第一段第一句得知16世纪50年代在一些重要城市建立游乐园，故A项符合题意。
There are so many expressions in American English that sound pleasant but are not.
"Face the music" is a good example. When someone says they have to "face the music", it does not mean they are going to a musical performance or concert. To "face the music" means to accept the unpleasant results of an action.
Imagine a friend asks you to take care of her beautiful red sports car. She gives you the keys and says, "Thanks so much for watching my car while I’m away. But please do not drive it. It is an extremely fast car and you are not on the insurance."
But you do not listen. You want to show off to some friends and pretend the car is yours. So, you drive it around town one night. As bad luck would have it, you lose control of the car and drive it into a stop sign. The damage is severe. When your friend returns you must tell her what you have done and "face the music".
The "music" here is the consequence or result of your actions. It could be losing her friendship or paying for repairs to her sports car or both. Whatever the music is, you must face it.
There are other American expressions that mean the same as "face the music".
To "take your medicine" means to accept the results from something bad you have done. And if someone says, "You made your bed. Now lie in it." He means you created a bad situation and now you will experience the results, or as we say in American spoken English, you must deal with it!
"Pay the piper" also means the same as "face the music". But, that expression has its own very interesting beginning. We will talk about that on another Words and Their Stories.
5. Which of the following expressions doesn’t have the same meaning with the others?
A. Face the music. B. Take your medicine.
C. Make your bed. D. Pay the piper.
6. What may be talked about in the next programme?
A. Other words and their stories.
B. The beginning of "pay the piper".
C. The wider use of "face the music".
D. An example of "take your medicine".
7. What does "face the music" mean?
A. Going to a musical performance.
B. Accepting the unpleasant results of an action.
C. Dealing with the situation you have caused.
D. Apologizing to the person you have hurt.
8. Which action belongs to a "take your medicine"?
A. You broke the traffic rules and caused an accident.
B. You worked hard but failed in the exam.
C. You moved to a new city and lost touch with your old friends.
D. You caught a cold and took some medicine.
7. B 【解析】细节理解题。由第二段最后一句可知，B选项切题。
8. A 【解析】推理判断题。由倒数第二段第一句可知，"take your medicine"指的是要接受你的不好的行为产生的后果，故A选项切题。
Group exercise is one of the most effective ways to improve physical fitness and sustain(保持) a healthy lifestyle. Group exercise is challenging, yet fun and empowering! Of course everyone knows that exercise is good for the body. However, studies have shown that when exercise is performed in groups, it’s not only great for improving physical health but for psychological health. It’s an opportunity to be social, release endorphins(内啡肽), and improve your strength. Additionally, group exercise creates a community feel and the shared common goal motivates participants to work hard. The instrumental support of taking on a fitness journey with others proves more effective than going to the gym alone.
Another beneficial aspect of group exercise is the informational support participants receive from the instructor. Many people fear the gym because they feel lost and don’t want to embarrass themselves. If you feel you can relate, then group training is an even better option for you. It’s a great opportunity to learn more about fitness through the clear instruction and supervision(监管) of a fitness instructor. If you’re tired of wandering around the gym wasting time and becoming bored, you can attend an upbeat group fitness class that’ll keep your workout on track. Don’t let fitness frighten you!
If you’re serious about wanting to live a healthy lifestyle, it’s extremely important to surround yourself with people who’ll provide you with the proper emotional support. I wouldn’t scold anyone for deciding to party on weekends and in turn I wouldn’t expect anyone to give offence to me for focusing on my health. Surround yourself with people who uplift, encourage and understand you! Make fitness even more fun by trying something new or any group fitness class, with a friend. Plan to go for a jog together. Then try a fun healthy restaurant or fresh juice bar! Fitness can be both fun and social!
Surrounding yourself with people who’ll provide you with respect support can be very beneficial while working towards reaching health and fitness goals. First, decide to do it for yourself and work towards staying positive. Then make sure the people you surround yourself with are supportive. Don’t let negativity ruin your motivation.
9. The first paragraph focuses on __________.
A. the greatest challenge of group exercise
B. the most effective way to improve physical fitness
C. the contribution of group exercise to psychological health
D. the shared common goal in performing exercise in groups
10. The underlined word "upbeat" in the second paragraph probably means "__________".
A. cheerful B. average C. serious D. temporary
11. When it comes to emotional support, the author thinks it necessary __________.
A. to sustain a colorful lifestyle
B. to party on weekends with positive people
C. to try a fun healthy restaurant regularly
D. to surround yourself with supportive people
12. What would be the best title for the passage?
A. Seeking Support B. Supporting Health
C. Improving Your Strength D. Building Up Fitness
10. A 【解析】词义猜测题。根据"If you’re tired of wandering around the gym wasting time and becoming bored, you can attend an upbeat group fitness class that will keep your workout on track."可以判断upbeat应该与bored的意思相反。
11. D 【解析】细节理解题。根据第三段第一句可知，如果你想得到相应的情绪支持，你就该让自己环绕在有积极思维的人身边。
12. B 【解析】主旨大意题。本文对群体健身的益处进行了阐述和论证，因此，群体健身也是保持健康的一种方式。对应B项。
As we know, many teen celebrities(名人) feel and think that having a slimmer figure can do great good to them. But, does size really matter? Are teenage fans trying hard to become like their celebrity idols(偶像)? Do celebrities really have the power to influence people, especially teenagers?
For the longest time, many parents blame teen idols for influencing the way their kids act. Have you noticed how teens idolize the celebrities these days? Even, their personal affairs are being followed by kids these days. Take for example the case of Lindsay Lohan of Mary Kate Ashley. They are definitely famous teen stars. But, since they are trying to project an image to satisfy a lot of people in show business, their health and body suffer. Many kids are aware of this problem. But they are easily influenced by these celebrities to exercise and eat less.
It is a fact that the media, and especially famous teen celebrities, can influence people powerfully. But teenagers are easily influenced because teenage years are the period when our personality and identity developments take place. Teens watching TV shows and reading magazines are easily pulled into the dieting and harmful eating habits because the media have some ways to pull these acts. They use thin models and celebrities to endorse(做广告宣传) products or to star in an up-and-coming shows or movies. With fierce competition, celebrities are forced to eat less and do extreme exercise routines to get the roles or offers that come their way.
Living in today’s time and generation is a bit disturbing to a lot of parents. Media, especially as well as the celebrities, have a very powerful influence to drive teenagers to good or bad. It’s good that we can control ourselves to avoid bad things from happening. If not, parents should really be aware and guide their teens to determine what’s in ad what’s out.
13. From the passage we can find Lindsay Lohan ___________.
A. lives an unhealthy lifestyle
B. lives a rich and happy life
C. doesn’t get any exercise
D. sets a good example for teenagers
14. Many celebrities have to be on diet ___________.
A. to keep healthy to face competition
B. to survive under pressure
C. to keep a slim size
D. to satisfy their teenage fans
15. What’s the title of the passage?
A. Parents’ responsibilities.
B. Advice on self-control.
C. Bad influences of celebrities.
D. Media’s bad influences.
15. C 【解析】标题选择题。通读全文可知，文章主要介绍了名人对青少年的一些不好的影响，故C项作为文章标题最合适。
No one can deny the importance of honesty. Parents must try their best to teach their children to be honest from the early age. 16 But this simple guide contains all the best possible methods to teach your children to be honest.
Talk to your children about honesty.
Sit with your children and let them know about the importance of honesty. 17 So try to highlight its importance with the help of some stories about honesty. You can talk about the real life happenings as well. Additionally, deliver them a friendly lecture regarding the importance of honesty in one’s life.
Most of the children learn enough from movies and consider the actors as their role model. Ask your children to join you while watching movies and try playing the one related to honesty. For example, the famous comedy film "Liar Liar" highlights the disadvantages of lying and the advantages of honesty.
Introduce honesty as a home rule.
You might be having some home rules for your children, add honesty to them. Let your children know that you are their best friend and always available to share their happiness and problems. 19
Reward the honesty of your children.
Parents are often ready to scold, but they are not always so quick to appreciate. Do not act like typical parents. ____20____ If your child is admitting his fault or doing something wrong, it means he is on his way to developing honesty as a habit.
A. It is movie time!
B. No doubt it is a big challenge.
C. Follow an actor as a role model.
D. So, they do not need to lie at any cost.
E. Forgive your children for their mistakes.
F. A dry lecture on honesty can be a boring activity.
G. Instead, reward the honesty of your child with praise, hugs and love.
18. A 【解析】考查句意理解以及总结概括能力。该段的主要内容是建议家长和孩子一起看和"诚实"有关的电影，利用孩子对电影中偶像的崇拜心理来引导孩子了解诚实的重要性。故A选项适合作该段标题。
19. D 【解析】考查句意理解和逻辑推理能力。上一句提到"让你的孩子知道你是他们最好的朋友，你愿意分享他们的快乐和问题"，此处承接该句，D选项(因此，孩子们没有必要撒谎)切题。
20. G 【解析】考查句意理解和逻辑推理能力。上一句提到"不要采用一般父母的做法"，那么该空应提到应该怎么做，再结合该段标题可知G选项正确。
Avoiding other people in social situations is a technique that is frequently used by those who suffer from extreme shyness. They 21 turn down social invitations where they might have to 22 to other people. They turn down invitations to 23 , turn down promotions at work, and they might cross the street just to __24__ talking to someone they know, 25 they like that person.
This sort of 26 probably makes no sense to the person who is not extremely shy. 27 , to persons who feel anxious when they are around others, avoiding others may seem to be the 28 solution they can think of. As soon as they rush away from a social 29 they feel an intense inner sense of 30 . No longer do they need to worry as much.
Although avoiding others is a very common 31 used by many shy people, this social avoidance will actually make their problem 32 . Not only is their fear of being around other people likely to 33 if they keep avoiding others, but people who are shy will feel even more lonely and less 34 the longer they avoid social interactions (交流).
Doctors who specialize in treating 35 often recommend the exact 36 approach. Instead of __37__ the shy person to continue to run away from social situations, they will encourage the shy person to 38 take part in the type of social situations they fear most.
So, 39 you are an extremely shy person who has been avoiding social situations as a way to cope with your shyness, keep in 40 that this avoidance will not make your shyness get better.
21. A. still B. seldom C. often D. almost
22. A. talk B. come C. tend D. turn
23. A. meetings B. parties C. lectures D. weddings
24. A. stop B. appreciate C. keep D. avoid
25. A. even though B. as if C. in case D. if only
26. A. purpose B. method C. behaviour D. result
27. A. Therefore B. However C. Besides D. Thus
28. A. practical B. last C. top D. perfect
29. A. situation B. condition C. custom D. practice
30. A. duty B. humour C. comfort D. joy
31. A. tool B. technique C. lesson D. benefit
32. A. deeper B. simpler C. clearer D. worse
33. A. grow B. appear C. stop D. spread
34. A. safe B. active C. confident D. realistic
35. A. carelessness B. anxiety C. loneliness D. shyness
36. A. other B. opposite C. different D. similar
37. A. allowing B. forcing C. suggesting D. asking
38. A. frequently B. finally C. gradually D. willingly
39. A. unless B. once C. though D. if
40. A. habit B. mind C. memory D. heart
24. D 羞涩的人不愿跟人交谈，因此他们总是避免跟人交谈。此处意为"他们可能穿过街道仅仅是为了避免与他们认识的人交谈"。stop"停止"，appreciate"感激;欣赏"，keep"保持"，均不合题意。
25. A 根据文章内容可知，即使他们喜欢这个人，羞涩的人也不愿跟他们认识的这个人交谈。A项符合题意。as if "好像"，in case"以免，以防万一"，if only"要是……该多好"，均不符合语境。
26. C 从上文叙述的羞涩的人不愿跟人打交道可知，此处指这种行为，而不是"目的"、"方法"或"结果"。
27. B 句子前后构成转折关系。这种行为对不是很羞涩的人来说没有多大意义，但对于特别羞涩的人来说，意义就不同了。
28. D 对于羞涩的人来说，避免跟人打交道是他们能想到的最佳的解决办法。
29. A 文章第一句有提示，羞涩的人尽量避免参加社交场合。
30. C 羞涩的人逃避了社交场合，他们内心会感到极大的宽慰。humour表示"幽默感"，不合语境。
31. B 文章强调的是羞涩的人逃避社交场合的做法或方法。technique"技巧"，最接近语境。文章第一句也有提示。tool"工具"，lesson"教训"，benefit"益处"，均不符合语境。
32. D 逃避只会使羞涩感加剧，使问题更加严重。make... worse"使……更加严重"，其他均不合语境。
36. B 从下文医生鼓励羞涩的人积极参加社交场合可知，他们建议用相反的方法来"以毒攻毒"，消除人们的羞涩感。
37. A 根据语境判断，此处是医生的做法，他们不允许羞涩的人继续逃避社交场合，A项符合题意。
38. C 根据语境和常识判断，医生鼓励羞涩的人逐渐参加他们最恐惧的社交场合。
39. D 此处是条件状语从句，因此用if。unless引导条件状语从句，表示相反的意义。
40. B 此处是固定的表达方式，表示"牢记……"用keep ... in mind，其他选项不符合搭配。
Edison is one of the greatest scientists in the world. He showed us the true meaning of the saying "No pains, no gains." However, not all the people understand why he is famous.
One day when Edison was 41 his way home, a young man stopped him and 42 (require) to have a word with him. Edison accepted his request. The young man asked, "How, Mr. Edison, can you invent so many __43__(thing) and achieve your fame?"
The scientist said, "It seems 44 you have been thinking of becoming famous every day."
The young man nodded, "Yes. I have been dreaming of 45 (become) a person as famous as you. Every minute I am thinking of how to become famous. I don’t know when I can achieve 46 (I) reputation."Edison told him, "Forget it, young man. 47 you want to be a famous man this way, you will have to wait until you die!"
"Why should I?" the young man was 48 (puzzle). Edison said, "What you dream is actually a high building. You never think of how to build it with bricks. Thus the building will never come 49 reality. However, your story can serve as 50 mirror. People will remember you because of your idleness and laziness. They will often speak of your name when they give warnings to their children. Aren’t you a ‘famous’ person by then?"
41. on 考查固定搭配。on one’s way home"在某人回家的路上"。
42. required 考查动词的时态。根据语境并分析句子结构可知，这里and连接两个并列的谓语动词，所以空处的时态应与stopped的时态保持一致。故用一般过去时。
47. If 考查条件状语从句。根据语境并分析句子结构可知，此处应用If引导条件状语从句，表示"如果……"。
48. puzzled 考查词形转换。分析句子结构可知，此处缺少表语，又因为主语为"the young man"，因此用puzzled，表示"困惑的"。
49. into 考查固定搭配。come into reality意为"变成现实"。
50. a 考查冠词。此处表泛指，a mirror"一面镜子"。
I’m so exciting that our drama club won the first prize in this competition. Participating in this club help us to learn more about drama, but develop our self-confidence and cultural qualities as well. Besides, thanks for the club, I have known many friends who share the same interest with myself. There we communicate and learn from each other. Before the competition we keep on practicing for long time. Luckily, our efforts were paid off, what is beyond our expectation. Finally, I’d like to express my thanks to all of our teachers who directed us, friends who helped us, and partners who worked hardly. Without you, we couldn’t have made such a great achievement.
I’m so that our drama club won the first prize in this competition. Participating in this club us to learn more about drama, develop our self-confidence and cultural qualities as well. Besides, thanks the club, I have known many friends who share the same interest with . There we communicate and learn from each other. Before the competition we on practicing for long time. Luckily, our efforts were paid off, is beyond our expectation. Finally, I’d like to express my thanks to all of our teachers who directed us, friends who helped us, and partners who worked . Without you, we couldn’t have made such a great achievement.
第四处：for→to 考查介词。thanks for意为"为……而感谢某人"。thanks to 意为"多亏，由于"，该处指由于参加俱乐部，我认识了很多朋友。故要将for改为to。
第五处：myself→me 考查代词。who share the same interest with me是定语从句，修饰many friends。该定语从句的意思应是"这些朋友和我有共同的兴趣"，故要将myself改为me。
第六处：keep→kept 考查时态。该句的时间状语为"Before the competition"，由文章第一句可知，competition已经举行了，故该句表达的是过去的事情，因此谓语动词要用过去式。故要将keep改为kept。
第七处：long前加a 考查冠词。a long time意为"很长一段时间"，time前面有形容词修饰时，经常和不定冠词a连用。故要在long前加a。
第八处：删除were 考查语态。pay off意为"取得成功"，是不及物动词短语，不用于被动语态，故were多余，应去掉。
第九处：what→which 考查定语从句。"which is beyond our expectation"是非限制性定语从句，修饰前面整个句子，引导词在从句中作主语，表示"这/那"，故用关系代词which引导该从句。
It’s great to hear from you. I feel proud knowing your interest in Chinese history.
As for my favorite figure in Chinese history, it must be Wei Yuan, a great thinker in the late Qing Dynasty. He, in his book, Haiguo Tuzhi (Maps and Records of the World), introduced modern technologies and ideas to China. That opened our eyes to the world. In fact, he inspires me to major in English in college, to be a bridge between China and the world.
Interested in knowing more? I can find you some books! Just let me know.